Server busy?

Options
nerissamatic
nerissamatic Member Posts: 6

Hi, I've been getting this error since Friday night. What seems to be the problem? Can you please help?

Thanks,

Nerissa

Comments

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,392 Community Manager Community Manager
    Options

Hi Nerissa,

Can you please log off the active session in the Hosted control panel and then logout (use the Logout option).

Close your browser and then reopen and login after a couple of minutes. Does the same behaviour occur after this?

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• nerissamatic
    Options

Hi Rav, yes I tried what you said since Friday. And it gives me the same error message.

• nerissamatic
    Options

I also got this message now.

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,392 Community Manager Community Manager
    Options

Hmmm that is strange. Usually getting off the current file server by logging off the active session and then re-establishing a new connection solves the problem.

At this stage it might be best to give our technical support team a call on 1300 799 150 so we can get a technician to take a closer look at this with you.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• nerissamatic
    Options

Hi Rav, my client and I use the same username and pw. I live in the Philippines and she's from Australia. The whole day today, she used Reckon and did not experienced the same problem. I also switched to Mozilla browser (previously I use Chrome) and got the same error message. Do you think this has something to do with my location or something? But my other client, has also uses Reckon has no problem. I can access their books. This is very weird.

• Rav
    Options

Hmmm I don't think location should play a part to be honest, but perhaps it does. I'll ask our Hosted team to see if that's the case.

Just to check, has it occurred for you today at all or since your last reply above?

• nerissamatic
    Options

I even tried using other laptops and used other browser to log in. Yes, I checked today and I still have the same error. It occurred since Friday midnight, but the weird thing is I've been using it for 2 weeks already. And my client has another Reckon account with a different company name, and I can access it. So location is probably not an issue?

• Rav
    Options

my client and I use the same username and pw.

Are you logging in at the same time as each other? Is there a particular reason you/your client don't have your own user logins?

I know this sounds a bit odd but are you able to rename the company file and in particular ensure there are no special characters ie. non-alphanumeric characters in the file name then logout and retry after a couple of minutes. For info on how to rename your Reckon Accounts Hosted file, check out the guide here

• nerissamatic
    Options

Can you please help me how to set up multi user in Reckon? That will be helpful. Thank you!

• Dianne Metcalfe
    Dianne Metcalfe Member Posts: 13
    Options

We have exactly the same problem with one of our company files today. The other two files are fine. We've logged off all remote sessions on all computers.

Has anyone come up with a solution?

• PETER_10416571
    PETER_10416571 Member Posts: 2
    Options

SOVED 4 ME!

Uninstall the 64bit version of Office

Reinstall the 32bit version

Then...

Butcher your registry (if you don't know then don't do!)

Correct Values for Office 2016 ProPlus ClickToRun (O365)

This results in the following Registry keys being set:

Key: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Office\<version>\Outlook\Security

Value name: AdminSecurityMode

Value type: REG_DWORD

Value: 3

Key: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Office\<version>\Outlook\Security

Value name: PromptOOMSend

Value name: PromptOOMAddressBookAccess

Value name: PromptOOMAddressInformationAccess

Value name: PromptOOMMeetingTaskRequestResponse

Value name: PromptOOMSaveAs

Value name: PromptOOMFormulaAccess

Value name: PromptSimpleMAPISend

Value name: PromptSimpleMAPINameResolve

Value name: PromptSimpleMAPIOpenMessage

Value type: REG_DWORD

Value: 2