Two companies open in separate tabs - at same time

Fiona_8614545
Fiona_8614545 Member Posts: 26

Hi, just wondering if my understanding is correct.

It is not possible to work in on two different company files at the same time (one company open in one tab, another company open in another tab)?

We need to close one company, before we can open the other company file. We then enter the data for that company, close the file, open the previous file and so on, backwards and forward all day?

Comments

• Kris_Williams
    Kris_Williams Member Posts: 3,272 Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert

That is correct, only one company open at a time. Can’t you enter all the data in one file, print out a report from there and then enter in the second file?

• Fiona_8614545

Thanks Kris,

Yes I can do as you suggest however it is not practical or efficient. I am often working on more than one job at a time. Pay a bill for one company, record payment of an invoice for another. Run payroll for one, check a supplier balance on another. I am going to have to find an alternative as it wastes far too much time.

It seems incredible to me that Reckon Hosted, which is spruiked as serving the needs of larger businesses with multiple company files, is unwilling to allow users to work on more than one file at a time.

• Kris_Williams
    Kris_Williams Member Posts: 3,272 Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert

I didn’t say it wasn’t a reasonable request, just answered her question and suggested a workaround

• Kris_Williams

Thanks Kris, 

Yes I can do as you suggest however it is not practical or efficient. I am often working on more than one job at a time. Pay a bill for one company, record payment of an invoice for another. Run payroll for one, check a supplier balance on another. I am going to have to find an alternative as it wastes far too much time. 

It seems incredible to me that Reckon Hosted, which is spruiked as serving the needs of larger businesses with multiple company files, is unwilling to allow users to work on more than one file at a time.

i understand your frustration and agree that some changes should be made to accommodate different peoples’ requirements. Good luck with it

• Fiona_8614545

Thanks Zappy and Kris,

I feel it is a reasonable request also, as well as a very basic expectation.

At least I can stop trying to work out how to do this now.

• GerryWinter
    GerryWinter Accredited Partner Posts: 1,204 Personal Range Expert Personal Range Expert

The other thing you can do is open 1 file in Enterprise and 1 in hosted, you just cant send from one to the other.

Call for more of an explanation.

Gerry id 6376

Gerhard Winter

Ph. 0418907140

Reckon Store Next Door

"Always at your Service"

Email: gwinter0808@gmail.com

• GerryWinter
    GerryWinter Accredited Partner Posts: 1,204 Personal Range Expert Personal Range Expert

Sometimes we have to think out of the box. Nothing will ever make you happy i see now.

Gerry id 6376

Gerhard Winter

Ph. 0418907140

Reckon Store Next Door

"Always at your Service"

Email: gwinter0808@gmail.com