STP full file replacement

Options
CB_Admin
CB_Admin Member Posts: 14

I need to do a full file replace for December 2020. I can generate and upload the STP event file but I am unable to submit it as there is no option allowing me me to replace a file from last year.

The tax office have told me to ask our provider as this is a common problem many people are having.

I have looked at information available Reckon is saying the ATO are only allowing the most recent file to be replaced. Which is obviously not correct.

Advice appreciated

Comments

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,416 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited April 2021
    Options

@cherie Debnam

Full File Replacement is to be used to fully replace the last successfully submitted submission file and always has been the case and is correct. Its only to be used if there are catastrophic errors with the file itself that you're submitting eg. corrupt data.

What specifically are you looking to correct in a submission that was sent in December?

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• CB_Admin
    Options

Thanks Rav,

I need to include a job keeper START code -START-FN19 for an employee. The ATO told me to do a full file replacement but this is not an option for dates prior to January 2021. They told me this is a common problem for many people.

I have since generated a new file with just the one employee. Seemed to work. They said to call back in 72hr (another hideously clunky process).

I am slightly concerned that this employee now has 2 STP records for that pay run.

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,416 Community Manager Community Manager
    Options

Ok in this case, what you wanted is an Update Event rather than a Full File Replacement. An Update Event is used to correct misclassifications or YTD's from a prior submission.

I'll link some info on Update Events from our help guide below -

I have since generated a new file with just the one employee. Seemed to work. They said to call back in 72hr (another hideously clunky process).

See how you get on with this with the ATO. I wouldn't worry too much about the 2 submissions because STP is reported on a YTD basis only in terms of the employee balances.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• CB_Admin
    Options

Great thanks

appreciate your help.