Unable to upload STP file to Reckon Customer Portal

Rosie
Rosie Member Posts: 118 ✭✭

Hi there,

I am having trouble uploading my STP file from Reckon Accounts Desktop to Reckon GovConnect.

It has worked fine in the past but now when I click Upload - New Pay Run - Confirm and then select the file it then takes me back to screen again where I slect New Pay Run. It seems like it isn't recongnising or accepting my STP file but I'm sure why or how to work out what the issue is.

If someone could please give me a hand with this i would appreciate it as I am unable to meet the ATO requirements as I can't upload the STP files.

Thanks,

Rosie Long

Comments

• Kris_Williams
    Kris_Williams Member Posts: 3,272 Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert

Have you tried recreating the STP file?

• Rosie

Yes, a few times now. I even tried as a replacement file instead of new pay run (just in case that helped) but no luck.

It's like it isn't recognising the STP file for some reason.

• Kris_Williams
    Kris_Williams Member Posts: 3,272 Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert

You could wait till next week and see what happens then, won’t matter if you don’t lodge this week as the figures will be included in next week’s. Otherwise you could spend a lot of time trying to figure it out when it might sort itself out next week. Good luck

• Rosie

It's been a few weeks now so I'm a bit behind on STP reporting. That's why i thought I would pop up a question in case Reckon can give me a hand with it as I don't know how to call Reckon either.

A tricky one!

• Kris_Williams

Ok I understand, hope someone can help

• Rosie

Reckon - is there anyone that could please help me with this?

• Christopher Willard
    Christopher Willard Member Posts: 5

I am having the same problem. I called reckon and they cant seem to identify the problem.

Can anyone suggest a solution

• Kris_Williams

Do you lodge this from a link within Reckon? If so you could try creating the STP file and then go to browser and log into portal.reckon.com and try uploading that way. Just a stab in the dark

• Robyn Kelly (Partner)
    Robyn Kelly (Partner) Accredited Partner Posts: 473 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner

Which Reckon product and version are you using?

Have you lodged successfully in the past?

Are you getting any error messages?

Is this a normal pay run or the finalise year lodgement?

• Christopher Willard

Thanks Kris I gave it a try but no luck

• Christopher Willard

Just a normal pay run. its been happening for a few weeks. No error message . Just wont upload the file.

• Kris_Williams

Have you tried saving the file to a different location - the desktop?

• Robyn Kelly (Partner)
    Robyn Kelly (Partner) Accredited Partner Posts: 473 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner

Which Reckon product and version are you using?

• Rosie

I gave Reckon a call. They ended up logging on to my computer and taking a look at my export. They found that one of my new employees had a few spaces after their email entry eg. "rosie@test.org.au "

Perhaps check any new employees and make sure everything is entered correctly and no spaces after the names and emails are in the right format.

• Anne_10599324
    Anne_10599324 Member Posts: 4

Thank you SO much Rosie! I've been bashing my head against a brick wall over this same issue. It was a new employee who I had copied / pasted his email addy and super fund member number from a spreadsheet and there were spaces at the end