Reckon Accounts Premier 2021 user default file backup location can't be set as default

Hi

Last week I installed Reckon Accounts Premier 2021 after using Reckon Accounts Premier 2016 for a number of years.

Once I had backed up a file to my chosen location in Reckon Accounts Premier 2016, all I had to do was click on the backup icon on the toolbar each time and the backup would commence.

Now with Reckon Accounts Premier 2021, in order to back up my file I click on the backup icon on the toolbar, the Backup window appears and I click on the options button. I am then required to enter a file backup location, amongst other settings in order to save my backup. This is what happens every time. It is very time consuming and frustrating.

Reckon Accounts Help states;

'Use the Save Backup Copy: Options window to set default options for backing up your files (such as where you want to save your local backup).'

Reckon Accounts Help also states ;

1. Indicate where to store your local backup copies.
  2. Click Browse to locate the directory where you want to store your local backup copies. The directory you choose remains your default until you change it.
  3. Note: This location is for your manual backups. To change the location for scheduled backups, click OK, click Next, and then click Next again to use the Save Backup Copy: Schedule window.

No defaults are set! Everything has to be entered each time.

The instructions under 3 aren't correct either for scheduling backups. I can see no way to schedule a backup.

If I have missed something please point me in the right direction. If I am stuck with this please fix it. I have read other posts by users with the same problem in previous versions of the software later than 2016. It worked in 2016.

Linda

Tagged:

Comments

• GerryWinter
    GerryWinter Accredited Partner Posts: 1,204 Personal Range Expert Personal Range Expert

Can you please call me to discuss your issue.

Gerry id 6376

Gerhard Winter

Ph. 0418907140

Reckon Store Next Door

"Always at your Service"

Email: gwinter0808@gmail.com

• QBUser
    QBUser Member Posts: 3

I have this problem too. I contacted Support and they sent me the link below:

https://help.reckon.com/article/h1549orfxf-kba-5127-scheduled-backup-does-not-complete-in-accounts-business.

This did not work and I tired both the Fixes listed in the link.

I don't want to schedule a backup at a certain time I just want it to backup every time I close the program like it used to do.

I was using Quickbooks 2010/2011 and have just upgraded to Reckon Accounts 2021.

The program does not run an Automatic Back Up when I close out of the program and does not save the default backup location either in the Options box. I tick the box under scheduled backup to 'Save a backup copy every time I close my company file' - but nothing saves and so there are not Automatic Backups,

Anyone find a solution to this problem?

• Linda_9776465
    Linda_9776465 Member Posts: 10

I had the same problem saving the back up location. It is extremely frustrating.

I was advised to run the software as administrator while setting the location. Next time you run the software the back up location will not have disappeared.

• QBUser
    QBUser Member Posts: 3

Thank you Linda,

I'll give that a try. However I don't think it will change the fact that it will never do an Auto Backup anymore when I close out, but at least it might save the default location for the back up.

• Linda_9776465
    Linda_9776465 Member Posts: 10

I haven't tried the Auto Backup. I just have the Backup link on the icon bar and click it to backup when necessary. I generally leave the software open and backup often.

• Beth_10864904
    Beth_10864904 Member Posts: 1

So what's the fix?

All I want is for Premier 2021 to save my backup options in the way that it did before I upgraded.

Running it on Windows 10 Pro. Doesn't matter whether I specify a local or network destination for the backup.