Migrating from Accounts Home & Business to Accounts Personal

Options

I have used Home & Business for many years, from the old Quicken Cashbook days. It has served me and my small business very well. However, as I have now retired, I don't need the business functionality so I was hoping to downsize to Accounts Personal as it is significantly cheaper annually.

I downloaded a trial version of Accounts Personal Plus and installed it. I had validated and saved my Home & Business data file but when I tried to open it in Personal Plus I got an error message stating that the file contained information that was not compatible with Personal Plus.

Is there any way of migrating my Home & Business data files to be compatible with Accounts Personal?

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Terry

Tagged:

Comments

• GerryWinter
    GerryWinter Accredited Partner Posts: 1,232 Personal Range Expert Personal Range Expert
    Options

Sorry because you used the tax codes it will not let you migrate to a lower version.

Gerry id 6376

Gerhard Winter

Ph. +61 0418907140

Reckon Store Next Door

"Always at your Service"

Email: gwinter0808@gmail.com

• Terry
    Terry Member Posts: 17 ✭✭
    Options

Thanks for your reply, Gerry.

Does that mean that Accounts Personal doesn't use tax codes? Or is that the codes are different?

Is there no way of migrating the data manually, via a CSV or some other mechanism?

I would really appreciate any assistance. Thank you.

• GerryWinter
    GerryWinter Accredited Partner Posts: 1,232 Personal Range Expert Personal Range Expert
    Options

Its because the tax part of your H&B was turned on, you can send your file to Reckons Migration team and they would be able to turn that off.

call me if you want to discuss.

Gerry id 6376

Gerhard Winter

Ph. +61 0418907140

Reckon Store Next Door

"Always at your Service"

• Terry
    Terry Member Posts: 17 ✭✭
    Options

Is there a good time to call, Gerry.

Thanks, Terry.

• GerryWinter
    Options

Yes now call me on the mobile

Gerry id 6376

Gerhard Winter

Ph. +61 0418907140

Reckon Store Next Door

"Always at your Service"