Unable to see the full screen

Options
Anna Harvey
Anna Harvey Member Posts: 11

Over the last couple of weeks I have been unable to see the full screen, that is, the right side of the page is off the screen, for instance unable to see the red cross on top right hand corner. I can zoom the screen down but then the font is too small. I can also minimize the screen to get a full view but that is not the solution.

I have checked all the resolution settings and nothing has changed.

I don't have problems with any other applications. I have an HP Laptop.

Any suggestions would be most greatful.

Comments

• Kris_Williams
    Kris_Williams Member Posts: 3,293 Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert
    Options

I know of this problem and it was difficult to fix. Changed resolution etc as did you. I had to manually resize the window with the double ended arrow, and that was easier said than done

• Anna Harvey
    Options

Thanks Kris for your reply.....I am still not having any luck...very frustrating.

• Letisha
    Letisha Member Posts: 5
    Options

Hi Anna, I have the exact same problem and I use Chrome. Same thing happens on Edge. I have a Dell laptop. Putting screen resolution to 90% simply makes everything too small. Only started about a month or so ago. Am using up-to-date Chrome version. Very frustrating as you say.

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,392 Community Manager Community Manager
    Options

Hi guys,

Which version of Chrome are you experiencing this behaviour on?

I just tested logging into Hosted this morning on my Dell laptop using Chrome (version below) and seemed to be ok.

@Letisha I've noted that you mentioned it also happens on Edge. Can you please try Firefox just as a test and let me know if the behaviour persists.

Also, is it only happening with Hosted? ie. other websites are ok to view? Is it when you're in the company file itself or even the Hosted login page as well?

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Letisha
    Letisha Member Posts: 5
    Options

Hi Rav

Thanks for your reply. I am using Google Chrome Version 91.0.4472.124 (Official Build) (64-bit) so same as yours. It only happens on the company file; Hosted login and all other websites are fine. Just tested Firefox and it appears to be okay. I guess I will have to switch to Firefox for the interim as I need to finalise EOY.

• Anna Harvey
    Options

Hi Rav,

I have the same issue. Started a couple of months ago. I also have the issue on Edge. All other web-sites are fine.

It is a real nuisance. I will try Firefox but would prefer to get a solution on Chrome.

• Kris_Williams
    Kris_Williams Member Posts: 3,293 Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert
    Options

I always use Firefox for Reckon, Internet Explorer and Chrome for other things. Hate the look of Edge

• John Graetz
    John Graetz Member Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2021
    Options

Letisha and Anna.

I tend to use either Edge or Brave, but occasionally I will use Chrome. In having a look at this problem in Chrome, I note that I have set the Chrome browser Zoom setting to 125%, but I can barely see the edge of the screen. However, I have just noticed something else which I have now tested, which might help you. When you go to the Chrome browser settings (the three vertical dots near the top right hand corner) and go down to Zoom, at the right hand side of the Zoom settings, there is another "box" there which I have never noticed before. I clicked on that (to see what happens) and it turned the Hosted page into full screen mode. When working in full screen mode, even at a 150% resolution, everything fits nicely to the full screen. The only issue with this is that you can no longer see any other open Chrome tabs. The way then to overcome this is to then hit F11 and you are back to the standard setup. You can then use the F11 key to toggle between Hosted full screen and normal view (to see any other open tabs.) I have tested this on my Dell Notebook computer. You might like to look at this as a means to overcome your problem.

John L G