Entering wages without hours and hourly rate

DRussellDRussell Member Posts: 11

We use the app as a self employed, with no set hours - just a gross wage based on the week's invoice.

How do I enter straight forward figures only - Gross, Tax, Super - as I did with the original STP app.

The new app seems to dictate that I enter hours and an hourly rate. Is there a workaround here please?

It seems I can't just edit these field.

Comments

• percentage_catchpercentage_catch Member Posts: 1

I have the same problem!

we pay based on a % of our catch.

I WILL HAVE TO USE THE OLD APP until the end of the financial year and might have to find a new reporting app if this one wont give the option of entering figures manually.

• KGC76KGC76 Member Posts: 1

I too am having the same problem.

Wonder if we can go back to the old STP to finish the 20/21financial year

• DRussellDRussell Member Posts: 11

I have found another payroll product - Microkeeper, that allows to enter as required. Free for 1 employee - not sure cost for larger entities.

• redmanredman Member Posts: 13

Have you started to use Microkeeper yet? Is is another app based platform? Might have to also look into something else as this new Reckon platform is a MAJOR headache! Does anyone else know of other good, straightforward payroll products? Im not sure why they changed from the previous STP...? If it aint broke......

edited June 18

Microkeeper is web based + has an app I believe. I've just discovered too, that Reckon are stopping entering pay dates after 1 Jul, so it appears that even if the pay period falls within June - you can't enter a date after 30 June as the pay date. Makes it difficult to finish the financial year?

@Rav is there a solution please to entering a payrun that is for a period still in June but payment dates will be July. This is not creating a pay run for the new tax period but completing the current tax year?

Additionally if there is a solution with the new free app tool, to enter pay as a lump figure and not hourly with an hourly rate, please advise so I can continue using Reckon.

Thank you

Have been playing further with the new app and having read other comments in community, have found by creating my own titled "Earning Item", can enter the wage figure as a whole number and the hourly rate as 1 - the wage payment calculates as expected and can submit as normal.

• ClareClare Member Posts: 7

@DRussell have you found that the tax and super calculate correctly when you use this workaround? I too need a solution to be able to enter a weekly or fortnightly amount rather than an hourly rate. Thanks!

Hi yes, ran the figures in my manual worksheet first to confirm and all matched up.

• ClareClare Member Posts: 7

Great, thanks @DRussell !

• pipwarnerpipwarner Member Posts: 6

Thank you so much @DRussell for your advice on submitting a fortnighly / monthly wage.

• Eileen LeonardEileen Leonard Member Posts: 1

can someone tell me the steps to take to enable me to enter a wage payment without an hourly rate please