Accrual automatically calculated

JPK1969
JPK1969 Member Posts: 28

Hi,

We are paid weekly. Recently a staff member requested that they only work 9 days per fortnight (have every second Friday off as LWOP).

Currently their accrual is for a full week. Is there a way so that when I removed one day from their pay every second week, their accruals automatically reduce by 0.9?

The only solution I can come up with that would work in Payroll Premier is to each week pay them FTE0.9 (rather than FT one week and FTE 0.8 the next week) and set the accrual as standard 0.9 of a full accrual.

Comments

• Kali
    Kali Member Posts: 341 ✭✭✭

Hi @JPK1969,

Are they paid by the hour? If so, set up your accrual to be accrued by the hour so the system will accrue accordingly to the hours worked.

Cheers,

Kali

• JPK1969
    edited June 2021

@Kali

They are paid by the hour. How do I set my accrual to be accrued by the hour in Payroll Premier?

• Kali

@JPK1969 i cannot get into the system at the moment because Reckon's server is down; however, you set it up under the leave tab - we do it for part-time employees whose hours change from week to week - change the accrual to 'all hours' and accrue annual leave by 0.07692 (2.9231/38) per hour worked and personal leave by 0.03846 (1.4615/38).

I can send you screenshots tomorrow once I am hopefully able to get back in!

• JPK1969

@Kali

Sorry for taking so long on getting back to you. You may not know the answer to my next question - our staff work a 37.5 hour week than 38 hours. In using the method you describe above, I changed the formula to be 2.8846/37.5 (150 hours accrual / 52 weeks / 37.5 hours). It comes out as the same weekly accrual. However it looks like it is not accruing the full amount, only 2.8466 hours (2.8846 / 38 * 37.5).

My guess is that Payroll Premier is assuming a 38 hour week so making the adjustment. Does that sound right to you?

I can't get a report out that shows an employee's accrual week by week to check this.

• Kali

Hi @JPK1969,

Sorry - not sure I am following...

You've set the accrual up to accrue 2.8846 per week (which I believe is correct); however, it's still accruing 2.9231 per week instead?

Can you take a screenshot of your leave tab for me?

Cheers,

Kali