Reckon One EOFY Gross (YTD) did not include JobKeeper payment amount

jimlinx
jimlinx Member Posts: 2
edited July 2021 in Reckon One

I just created the entry for 2020-2021 Single Touch Payroll (EOFY) on Reckon One, and I noticed that the Gross (YTD) amount for each employee excluded the JobKeeper allowances.

Shouldn't it be included as part of the total Gross for EOFY? Gross should be (Earnings and Leave plus Allowances) and that was how it was presented on each pay run too. Why would it be calculated differently for EOFY?

So I'm wondering did I misconfigure something? Or are those numbers from Reckon in fact correct and there should be no further action from me?

Tagged:

Comments

• Kris_Williams
    Kris_Williams Member Posts: 3,272 Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert

In the pay rate for jobkeeper, down the bottom there is a box to tick that says show on payment summary

• jimlinx
    jimlinx Member Posts: 2

Thanks Kris. To answer my own question in case anyone else is confused like me, JobKeeper is a taxable allowance but nevertheless an allowance which is not part of the EOFY Gross calculation. The help document here clearly instructs to tick 'Show as allowance on payment summary' https://help.reckon.com/article/khdi0svr25-reckon-one-how-to-add-jobkeeper-allowance-pay-items. So yes the numbers are correct, no further action required.

• Kris_Williams
    Kris_Williams Member Posts: 3,272 Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert

On my EOFY submission it lists a gross column and an allowances column. There is no total gross so I see that as 2 figures that will, added together, incur tax