STP Migration

SMich
SMich Member Posts: 16
edited January 3 in Reckon Payroll 🚀

I have downloaded the new payroll app. Sign in and press yes migrate from STP app. It takes me to a new screen which asks me to Sign in with another account or Set up a new business. Why is it not allowing me to migrate

Comments

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager

This usually occurs for one of two reasons;

• Your ABN has been previously registered to our GovConnect service
    • You've previously used/trialed the Payroll App before under a different account/email address

In saying that, I can take a look. Can I grab the ABN that you've registered to your free STP app account please.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• SMich

ABN 51 911 851 549. We have used the free STP app for 2 years with no problems. We have not used/trialled the Payroll App with different account or email address. I need this to be fixed as I need to report on 1.7.21

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager

@SMich

Your ABN was previously registered to our GovConnect service which is why the migration was blocked to the Payroll App.

I've removed that now so please try it again when you can and it should go through.

Let me know if you have trouble.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• SMich

Hi Rav, we have uninstalled the payroll app, reinstalled it, say yes to migrate it starts but it has been going for 1/2 hour with no movement, it is just circling. We need this sorted

• Rav

I've made a small change on my end for your account. This time can you please follow the steps below -

• Close the Payroll App in full ie. swipe it away from any other running apps on your phone.
    • Head over to https://payroll.reckon.com/ and sign in with the email address you use to login to the STP app.
    • Follow the prompts to migrate. It will follow the same flow as the migration process on the phone app.
    • Once the migration has completed, just login to the Payroll App to access the account.

Either way let me know how you get on.

• SMich

Hi Rav, our Director was able to migrate STP, but I have tried signing in this morning from my mobile and I get the message "Something went wrong. We can't complete your request". I then tried signing in on the link that you sent and it just circles

• SMich

I have used our Directors phone and inputted information. But he's is the only phone we can log in from. Also, it is saying that we have a free premium trial, does it revert back to the basic when the trial is finished?

• Rav
    edited July 2021

@SMich when the migration was completed were they able to access the account at that time successfully right after OR did it result in that 'Something went wrong' error message at that stage as well?

Was the migration completed on a different phone? (ie. your director's). If so, do they receive the same message if they attempt to login from that same device?

Are you using the most up to date version of the app?

• SMich

Hi Rav, as per my message above, the Director is the only phone we can log in from, he is the primary account holder, but I am a secondary account holder and the one that inputs the pay runs and have never had problems logging in from my mobile app. I was able to input our pay run of 1.7.21 on his phone this morning. I have the latest Payroll app on my phone and have just tried again to log in and I get the same message "something went wrong"

• SMich

Also, once this is sorted will we be able to use the desktop to input our pay runs

• Rav

Hmmm ok that sounds strange.

In regard to your phone, do you have an iPhone or an Android phone?

Did the issue of you not being able to login to the existing account from your own phone only start AFTER the migration to the Payroll App went through successfully OR were you able to login to the existing account on the Payroll app from your phone successfully as well at one point but now can't?

Can you uninstall the Payroll App from your phone. Switch your phone off and then restart it and download the Payroll App again. Login and confirm if the same behaviour continues.

• SMich

Hi Rav,

I haven't been able to log into the new payroll app from the beginning, thats why I asked the primary account holder to do it. After the Director was able to migrate STP I tried logging in with no success. I have an android phone, I have uninstalled the app restarted the phone and downloaded the latest version of Payroll App I have tried logging in with no success, get the same message "something went wrong". The other Director of our company is also unable to log in and he has an Iphone

• Rav

Thanks for that. I just did a bit of testing using my own account and logging into it on a different phone just to see if I could replicate your situation. In my case though, it logged into the account normally on the 2nd phone after passing Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA).

If the director who initiated the migration logs out of the account on their phone and then back in do they experience the same 'Something went wrong' message as well OR does it take them straight back in without any issue?

Let me run this by our devs just to see if there's anything on the account side of things that might be contributing to this.

• SMich

Hi Rav, when Itry to log in I get the MFA code and then I get the something went wrong. The Director who initiated the migration has logged out and has logged back in with no issues

• Rav

Thanks for that @SMich

I've shot this over to our dev team to do a bit of investigation on why you're encountering that error. I'm just waiting to hear back from them and I'll let you know as soon as I do.

Cheers

• Rav

@SMich I just want to confirm this and apologies as I know its pretty basic but both you and the other director who tried to access the account from your own phone's but receiving the 'Something went wrong' message.. you're using the same login credentials (email address and password) that were used by the 1st director who successfully initiated migration correct?

• SMich

Morning Rav, no the other Director and I have our own log in details (email and password)

• Rav

@SMich

Ok, I'm pretty certain this is where the issue is originating from. The STP app (and now Payroll App) is a one account = one ABN setup.

For example, when I view the STP app account for your ABN I can see that its registered under a particular email address and now its been migrated to the Payroll App under that same email address/account.

The Payroll App (and STP app) can't share accounts to other users to have their own unique login. If a 2nd user wants to access the account they need to use the one and only login for the account. The MFA code will be sent to the phone number that is currently associated with the account (this can be changed).

So with all that said, can you test something out for me. Try to login on YOUR phone with the actual email address and password that this account has been registered under and let me know if you still receive that message. I'm fairly confident you won't but please let me know either way.

• SMich

Hi Rav, that all works fine. How do we go about changing what phone the mfa code gets sent to, as I am the one that inputs into the payroll app. Under the STP app, we were able to have the primary email, secondary and a third and we were all able to log in with our own details from our phones all linked to our ABN

• Rav

You can change the phone number that MFA codes are delivered to with these steps -

• Head over to the Reckon Portal here - https://portal.reckon.com/
    • Sign in with the email address and password for the Payroll App account
    • Click on Profile in the top right corner
    • Scroll down to the Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA) section.
    • You'll need to revoke the existing MFA here and then you'll be prompted to setup a new phone number on your next login to the Payroll App.

Under the STP app, we were able to have the primary email, secondary and a third and we were all able to log in with our own details from our phones all linked to our ABN

Hmmm ok, this doesn't sound right but I'd be interested in taking a closer look into that. The STP app has also been a one account = one ABN type of arrangement as well. You can however have separate accounts under different email addresses for the same ABN BUT they'd need to have different GST branch numbers. I can't see that for your ABN though. If you want to shoot me the secondary/third email addresses you were using previously to access the account in a Private Message I can check out how its been setup.

• SMich
    edited July 2021

How do I send you a private message

• Rav

Just click on my name in any of the comment posts above and then select 'Message'.

• SMich

Hi Rav, just a quick question, whilst inputting payroll it is saying that we are on a premium trial for 3 pay runs, does it revert back to the basic once the 3 are used? Just confirming that you received my private message yesterday?

• Rav

Hi @SMich

Once you've used up the 3 free pay runs in the Premium trial you can switch over to the free basic plan if you don't want to continue on with the Premium plan. To do so go into the 'Upgrade' section in the app and choose the option to switch your plan to free basic.

Thanks for sending through your PM, I haven't had a chance to check it out yet but will do so shortly.