Reckon payroll app keeps shutting down

Yogesh1961_
Yogesh1961_ Member Posts: 4 ✭
edited January 3 in Reckon Payroll 🚀

Hi I am trying to submit my first payrun ln the new payroll app it keeps shutting down .I have not been able to submit my first pay run.

Comments

• Yogesh1961_

Hi I am on basic plan but the app keeos shutting down please help. Have not been able to submit my first pay run.

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager

Hi @Yogesh1961_

Can you step me through what you're doing/inputting in the Payroll App prior to it shutting down?

ℹī¸ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Yogesh1961_

I go to emplyees to draft to edit to tax withheld to custom tax withheld enter amount then press done .As soon as I enter done the app closes

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager

Ok, thanks for that @Yogesh1961_

Have you entered an earnings item in the pay run first? ie. prior to entering the custom tax. If not, please do so and it will stop the app from exhibiting this behaviour.

I've done some testing and have found that the app will exhibit this behaviour in the following two scenarios.

• Entering a custom tax amount without having first entered any earnings item in the pay run.
    • Using a custom earnings item that does not have 'tax applicable' ticked in the item setup. Creating a pay run > Selecting that custom item and then adding a custom tax amount in the pay run. (screen recording below)

I've made our app team aware and it will be addressed as part of a bug fix in a future update of the app.

ℹī¸ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Yogesh1961_

Thanks very much its all good now