Unexpected error occurred - editing employee details

System
System Member Posts: 231 Moderator Moderator
edited January 3 in Reckon Payroll 🚀
This discussion was created from comments split from: Incomplete Employee Information - cannot save updates.

Comments

• streaks203
    streaks203 Member Posts: 11

Hi Rav, Administrator

Using the phone app or the web site I also get this problem saying Employee details are incomplete, and still cannot complete any payruns for this financial year.

Get this error in yellow but it won't let me edit the detail to correct. Press the Blue 'Edit/Complete Employee' button and get an error on General tab or Tax tab or Leave Edit button

Here is Error message

When pressing the blue Edit Complete button upper right , get this error

Try to edit the Leave and also get error

Error when pressing Blue button 'Edit details'

Please help resolve.

Streaks203

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager

Hi @streaks203

Thanks for the screenshots, it definitely helps to understand the situation.

Can you let me know the ABN that you've registered to your Payroll App account. I'll need to get this across to our dev team for a closer look.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• streaks203

Hi Rav

ABN 98 069 776 996

Streaks203

• streaks203

Hi Rav, Administrator

Any update on this resolution.

This is preventing me from doing any payroll upload to the ATO for July at all.

Looking forward to the resolution.

Streaks203

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager

Hi @streaks203, apologies for not getting back to you sooner.

Can I just confirm, if you go back into your old STP account is there any missing information in the employee profiles there. For example - Date of birthFirst and Last name fields are completed and Email address does not contain any invalid characters etc?

When you are logged into the web access of the Payroll App, click on Settings ➡️ Company Details. Does the name of your entity appear in the 'Company Name' section? (screenshot example below).

You've mentioned this is also happening on the app on your phone. Are you receiving the same 'Unexpected Error' screen when attempting to edit employee info or is the app doing something different?

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• streaks203

Rav

In the old app date of birth and email address are not there. It never required them mandatorily to work.

In the new app the company details came across correctly, I guess from the migration.

When trying to edit Employee details the error message in the new app has changed slightly but still won't let us edit the users there.

How is this resolved?

• streaks203

woops wrong attachment, disregard attachment in previous message,

here is correct screenshot:

t of new error msg.

• Rav

I'm going to speak with our dev team to see what is the best way forward from here.

I know that missing info in the STP app is causing a bit of trouble when it comes to migration but in your case it looks like you've migrated successfully so its a bit strange that you're not able to just edit those fields.

Leave this with me just for a little bit and I'll come back to you after the devs do a bit of investigative work.

• streaks203

Ok thks Rav, hope not too much longer for resolution.

Streaks203

• Rav

Hi @streaks203

Can you please try it again now and let me know if you're able to successfully complete the employee info.

If it still doesn't work, can you outline exactly the steps you tried in the app OR the web access prior to any error message appearing and also what error message you receive.

• streaks203

Hi Rav One prob fixed but now another problem with Adjustments . ABN 98 069 776 996

We are using the subscribed web version. Thanks for fixing ' Edit Employee'.

But how to do Adjustments?

Is it done in Employees ,Edit Employee, Initial year to date, Tax Witheld or Earnings or Super etc?

if supposed to be done here in Edit Employee Tax Witheld won't allow -ve numbers.

(I saw you suggesting to someone else to do adjustments in '...Year to Date'

Or Is it supposed to done a a new pay run?

Streaks203

• Rav

Good to hear that is solved for you @streaks203

Now in regard to amending employee balances, I'd recommend reviewing the info in this article as there are a couple of scenarios that will effect how to do it -

• streaks203

Thks Rav will follow that document.

Streaks203