Failed to create book

System
System Member Posts: 231 Moderator Moderator
edited January 3 in Reckon Payroll 🚀
This discussion was created from comments split from: Failed to Create Book.

Comments

• Satch8010
    Satch8010 Member Posts: 8

I have tried this many times and keep getting the same error. Either I am told 'This ABN & branch number is already registered' when I try log in and so it wont migrate and let me go further or I get the 'Failed to create book' error when I try changing the branch number. Please advise me how to fix this.

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager

Hi @Satch8010

Can you let me know the ABN that you're trying to migrate over to the Payroll App please.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Satch8010

Hi Rav

ABN 51 040 199 176

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager

@Satch8010

First thing I'd recommend is to not create any additional GST branch registrations if they don't exist for your ABN in reality just so it doesn't cause you further issues down the line.

Now with that said, I've made a small change on my end for your account. This time can you please follow the steps below -

• Close the Payroll App in full ie. swipe it away from any other running apps on your phone.
    • Head over to https://payroll.reckon.com/ and sign in with the email address you use to login to the STP app.
    • Follow the prompts to migrate. It will follow the same flow as the migration process on the phone app.
    • Once the migration has completed, just login to the Payroll App to access the account.

That should work but either way let me know how you get on.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Satch8010

I may have misunderstood your instructions as I tried to first log in on my phone using the web address and it didn't work. I then tried to do it on my computer but still got the message: 'This ABN & branch number is already registered' when I tried to log on.

• Rav

Hi @Satch8010

Can you please try the steps from my previous reply again when you have a chance.

Let me know how you get on.

• Satch8010

When I click on the link it asks me if I want to leave the community and then wants me to click on the link next to that.

However, when I click on that link, I simply get 3 dots as if the page is trying to load, but it does not load no matter how long I wait. This is pretty annoying.

• Rav

@Satch8010

Leave this one with me just for a bit. I'm getting your account checked over a bit closer so we can sort this ASAP.

• Satch8010

Thanks RAV.

Not sure that it makes any difference, but please note that I use Reckon Accounts Plus 2021. My account no. is 845828.

• Rav

Hi @Satch8010, let me just clarify your last reply above.

I can see that your ABN is registered to the STP app currently and there have been quite a few STP submissions sent under it and we're now trying to move it to the Payroll App.

If you're using Reckon Accounts Plus 2021, is there any reason you're not using that for your payroll and STP submissions?

• Rav

Just as a further update, if you attempt to migrate again it should go through this time.

You can try either in the mobile app or the web page. If you have trouble accessing the web page, open the https://payroll.reckon.com/ web address in an incognito tab in your browser or alternatively clear the cookies for the page and it will revert it back to the login screen.

Let me know how you go.

• Satch8010

The reason why I did not use Reckon Accounts Plus 2021, is that I started using the STP app before I took out the licence for Reckon Accounts Plus 2020 (now 2021). Also, I did not know how to start using Reckon Accounts Plus 2021 to do this in place of the STP app. That is, I did not know how to do the changeover from one app to the other.

If you can tell me how to do a changeover so that I can usse Reckon Accounts PLus 2021 then I would be happy with that.

• Satch8010

Thanks Rav. Migration has worked successfully and the app seems to be working fine.

Further to my last message can you tell me how I might changeover and use Reckon Accounts Plus 2021 instead.

• Rav

Ok. You have a choice to consider at this point.

Data from the STP app can only be migrated to the Payroll App which as you've mentioned above, you've now done which is great. It cannot be migrated anywhere else eg. Reckon Accounts Plus etc.

So, if you've finished off 2020/21 and would prefer to just use the one software for everything ie. Reckon Accounts Plus then you could start the 2021/22 financial year fresh from that software. STP submissions from Reckon Accounts is handled using our GovConnect service and I'll link some resources below on how to use that.

Note though, there are pro's and con's which you need to evaluate. The Payroll App is the future of how we'll offer payroll services, its mobile so very convenient, but is still growing in terms of its functionality as well.

Reckon Accounts on the other hand is our full featured functionality powerhouse so it can offer a lot more in terms of how to payroll functionality however is limited to your desktop PC only.

• Satch8010

Thanks for all your help Rav. I will give it some further thought.