Chart of accounts has gone from reckon hosted file

Options
Suzanne DiStefano
Suzanne DiStefano Member Posts: 24

One of my staff was kicked off hosted today when she was trying to print. An error message came up saying reckon needed to close . The login page opened again so she was able to go back in. However it then froze another users access and she got the error message saying it needed to close. When both were back in, they noticed that unpaid invoices weren't appearing in the payments screen even though they were showing the in the customer centre. I then logged on and could see that the entire chart of accounts had been wiped. I have been on the phone to support for an hour but the tech I had was useless and couldn't provide any advice so I have escalated the call and am currently awaiting a call back. I am hoping they have a backup so that it can be restored. Anyone else had issues like this with Hosted? We have only being using it for a week (were previously using enterprise) so not a great introduction to the produce.

Comments

• John Graetz
    John Graetz Member Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭
    Options

A couple of things for you Suzanne whilst you are waiting for further Reckon support. Are you doing regular backups yourself? Reckon has stated many times that we each need to do our own backups. Ideally then, those backups should be downloaded to our own space, be that on a hard drive, a removable drive or in the cloud, which is then independent of the Reckon system.

The other thing that I would suggest to you is that you do a Rebuild (File> Utilities> Rebuild Data) to see if this will correct your errors. Based on past experience it would be wise to do this three times.

John L G

• Suzanne DiStefano
    Suzanne DiStefano Member Posts: 24
    Options

Hi John,

Thank you for the reply. I will be doing regular backups starting today!

I called Reckon back as I hadn't had a reply. I had a more informed tech this time and he advised me to re-sort the list in the chart of accounts and then everything re-appeared. Very odd as when I scrolled down in the chart previously, nothing appeared, I couldn't even generate a P&L. The tech wasn't sure why the error happened nor did he understand why re-sorting fixed the problem, but I am grateful it did.

Thanks again.

• John Graetz
    John Graetz Member Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭
    Options

Excellent. Thanks for letting know, Suzanne.

John L G