Sent incorrect tax in a payrun

System
System Member Posts: 231 Moderator Moderator
edited January 3 in Reckon Payroll 🚀
This discussion was created from comments split from: How to adjust tax witheld in new Reckon Payroll app.

Comments

• FourCowFarm
    FourCowFarm Member Posts: 5 ✭

I have the same issue. Migrated to the new app and made an error in selecting the tax method - clicked 1 instead of 2 for the first payrun (we pay mid-month). Net result is that all the payslips showed greater tax witheld than expected. Worried that ATO will now expect to see the same withholding on the next BAS. Hoping we can fix this before end of quarter.

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager

Hi @FourCowFarm

Was this pay run created in the Payroll App itself? If so, you can make an amendment to that specific pay run by following the instructions in this help guide -

ℹī¸ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• FourCowFarm

Thanks Rav. I tried to make an amendment but I have clearly done something wrong. When I now re-open the app I get the "create first pay run" blue box. I've hesitated to click on it - how can I know what has become of my original submission? Am I really starting over again?

Confidence shaken!

Regards

Malcolm

• swakhlu01 .
    swakhlu01 . Member Posts: 482 Payroll App Expert Payroll App Expert

@FourCowFarm Just checking if you are seeing the submitted payrun on the STP Tab (not Payrun Tab). This will show what would have been submitted to the ATO.

It is likely the Payrun you were trying to adjust got deleted instead of sent. It might help to find out what amounts have been reported in the Employee's YTD Income statement in ATO MyGov assuming you are doing the payrun for 2021-22.

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager

Hi @FourCowFarm

Did you create the submission in question on the Payroll App itself OR was it one that was migrated from the STP app?

As @swakhlu01 . has mentioned, do you see this particular submission in the STP tab in the Payroll App? You'll find your submissions that were sent while you were using the STP app in this tab.

If you created the pay run in the Payroll App itself, are you logging in to the Payroll App with the same account (email address & password) that you were when you first signed in?

ℹī¸ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• FourCowFarm

Thank you both. Yes, I see it now under the STP tab and it appears that my adjustments didn't happen. I created this pay run in the new App, my first attempt. I'll try adjusting again. Pitty that there does not seem to be away to simply adjust the tax selection (which is where I made the error in the first place).

I assume that I effectively have to undo all the elements of the original submission and start again.

We're a small biz, paying monthly and have never bothered with hourly rates. I could not see any way to skip hourly in the set-up. Is there a way?

Many thanks for the help.

• FourCowFarm

I am still struggling with this amendment issue. I managed to change the Tax withholding record as needed. However, how can I make this apply to the pay run already submitted so that it is changed and new, corrected payslips get sent?

Do I need to delete the original pay run and if so, is there a simple way to do that?

Sorry to labour this one, really appreciate the help.

• swakhlu01 .
    swakhlu01 . Member Posts: 482 Payroll App Expert Payroll App Expert

@FourCowFarm Sorry to hear you are still having issues with previous Payrun. Are you please able to clarify which Tax withholding records did you change and how. As far as incorrect Payrun amounts created in Payroll App one does not delete these but you will have to create Adjustment payruns in lieu of the incorrect payrun which will over ride the previous payrun in the YTD Income statement of the employee (ATO mygov).

I am not aware if Reckon Basic Payroll App actually generates employee playslips.

For instructions on Adjustment Payruns - you select the payrun you want to modify and click the 3 dots (...) on right. Select Edit to draft after adding the correct amounts follow instructions at bottom of this page under Adjustments.

https://help.reckon.com/article/20el8yr42i-reckon-payroll-app-creating-a-pay-run

• FourCowFarm

Thanks for helping. Unfortunately, I am getting nowhere. I go to the pay run but cannot find any way to edit it. If I click New Adjustment I get instructions but no way to start the adjustment. If I go to pay runs, I can see a summary of the last payrun and a blue arrow left that just takes me back. Nothing I click takes me to an edit screen.

Yes, I too was surprised when everyone got a payslip (all incorrect of course).

The old stp was flawless, simple, and so fast. Just don't know why I'm struggling with this one. Thanks again.

• Rav

@FourCowFarm

1. Edit the relevant pay run and make the necessary corrections.
    2. Progress all the way through to the ATO declaration screen, tick the 'Submit as an Adjustment' toggle option on the declaration screen and submit the pay run.