Problems with Leave Setup for Casual Employee

TAPS
TAPS Member Posts: 13
edited January 3 in Reckon Payroll 🚀

When I set up our casual employee in the Payroll App it would not allow me to leave annual entitlement showing as 0 hours and leave loading as 0%. I had to enter a figure for it to proceed. I have the employee entered on the app as a casual employee. The award that we pay this employee under does not have leave accruing for a casual employee. Their hourly loading is in place of leave entitlements that permanent full-time employees are entitled to. I've set the figures at 1 hour and 1% so that it would allow me to proceed. Will this leave accrue, do I just ignore it, or is there a way that I can change these figures to zero?

Comments

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager

Hi @TAPS

I've created a screen recording which shows a casual employee with zero annual leave entitlement and no leave loading.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• TAPS

Thankyou so much. That was incredibly helpful. I can't for the life of me understand why I couldn't get that to work the first time. I had a bit of trouble again but persisted and all is well. Thankyou again!!

• TAPS

Whoops. Spoke too soon. I managed to get the annual entitlement to record as 0 hours but the annual leave loading won't allow me to change to 0. If I try to edit it back to 0 it won't work and still asks me to please enter a value between 1 and 100. I have to enter 1% for it to save for me.

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager

@TAPS

I think that's where the problem is. Once you enter any value into the leave loading field then you need to enter a valid figure. If you don't want to set any leave loading entitlement then just don't enter anything at all in that field like how I did in the screen recording.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• redman
    redman Member Posts: 29

Hi Rav, I am having this exact issue also. It will not allow me to save and proceed unless I enter in a value at annual entitlement and leave loading. It will not accept the value of 0 as you show on the screen recording above, as I have tried to do this and it states "Please enter a value between 1 and 100" and wont allow me to go any further. This problem should be rectified as often this section is irrelevant for casual employees. I notice the original post is back from July 2021. Still the same issue persists.....

• Rav

@redman

I've responded to the other discussion thread you've commented in.

This discussion has been closed.