Recording a Share sale and being told it's a short sale on Reckon Home & Business 2021

Options

I am trying to record a share transaction selling a holding of 10,000 shares in WQG which is WAM Global Growth Limited a Company listed on the ASX. The Company was previously under a different code, I have updated the code in the Security Details and it shows I have a holding of 10,000 but when I try to record the sale of the shares it doesn't recognise a current holding and tells me I am short selling. Also, when I use the Stock Code Search it doesn't register the code as belonging to a current listed Company. Has anyone else had this problem?

Comments

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,409 Community Manager Community Manager
    Options

Hi @MargotHickey

I've just tried to add the WQG ticker in Personal Plus 2021 via the following configuration which worked successfully and I received the following price info below.

Bypass the 'Look up'/search option and just enter the ticker code in the Symbol field. Are you then able to add the new security by doing so?

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• MargotHickey
    MargotHickey Member Posts: 2
    Options

Hi Rav thanks for your comment, I have amended the ticker code see below screenshot of my holding

my holding balance in the portfolio view also shows 10,000

when i try to register the sale this is what happens

please help me sort this out

kind regards

Margot

• Binalong
    Binalong Member Posts: 1
    Options

I have been told I am attempting to record a short transaction whenever I try to record a sale of shares in Personal Plus 2021. What’s the difference? I used to be able to record a sale, but have had to put them in as shorts now just to get them entered.

can you explain why the program is doing this?

thanks,

Julie