Superannuation

peterbanfieldplans
peterbanfieldplans Member Posts: 3 ✭
edited January 3 in Reckon Payroll πŸš€

I have been using the STP app on my mobile for last financial year 20/21 and found it easy to use. Have downloaded the new app and want to know how to bypass the automatic superannuation calucalation as we pay our one employee monthly. Very frustrating that you have included this as many people / businesses have different ways of paying this into their employees account. Look forward to your solution as I would like to proceed asap with my reporting.

Debbie

Comments

• Joseph Li
    Joseph Li Member Posts: 499 ✭✭

Hi Debbie. The super amount in a pay run is an attribute of the pay run. Single Touch Payroll reports pay run details to ATO. Single Touch Payroll is not concerned with the actual payment of super by employer. It is fine to pay super monthly. But it is not necessary to report the monthly super amount in Single Touch Payroll because it has already been reported in prior pay run(s).

Super for employee is an employer liability. When employer actually pays super into employee Super Account that liability is cleared.

• swakhlu01 .
    swakhlu01 . Member Posts: 482 Payroll App Expert Payroll App Expert

I am not sure what the issue here is. If the super for employee is paid monthly then nothing is preventing in Payoll app to have the Payrun generated monthly with Super Guarantee amount included and reported as required. This would be no different to how it would have been done in STP app except instead of SG rate one had to key in the amount.

• peterbanfieldplans

This issue I have is that there are a couple of months (Example July 2021) where our employee receives 3 wage payments. If forced to comply with the payroll app requirements for superannuation then we will be paying an extra super payment per month. I just want to know how I am able to put in the one monthly payment in the pay run as the app won't let me continue without putting in an amount.

• Joseph Li

Payment of super is outside scope of payroll. Payment of super has nothing to do with pay run. Payroll reports employer super liability, not the payment of super. This is my understanding. The myGov Income Statement shows employer super liability.

• peterbanfieldplans

So from what you are telling me that no matter what figure the new payroll app applies for the section that asks for super payment, it doesn't actually get recorded as what you have paid, but only a guideline to prove we as employers have complied with our liability to pay our employee super???? If I have it correctly, then how do I fill in the required * section for super. It says I need to put in an actual figure amount and not 0. Please excuse my ignorance as I am not quite savvy with all of this.

• Joseph Li

Single Touch Payroll reports, it does not force employer to pay super. After super has been reported by Single Touch Payroll employee can see the employer super liability in myGov.