TPAR Lodgement Errors Accounts Hosted

Nick_8326929
Nick_8326929 Member Posts: 16

Hi

Trying to lodge the TPAR 20-21. It is creating the file when we try to lodge with the ATO we receive the following message:

The file contains non-ASCII characters. To lodge a file electronically you must first create a file that is generated from your software in a format and version supported by our systems. Scanned images or forms, screen prints, spreadsheets and word processing files (e.g. .pdf, .doc, .xls, .jpg, .tiff) cannot be lodged via the file transfer function on our online services.

Does anybody know how can we correct those errors on Accounts Hosted so we can lodge?.

The older Desktop version we ran wouldn't export if there were file errors. So once all corrected we were able to lodge.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Comments

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager

Hi Nick,

Check out this help guide for info on this specific error message -

See how you get on after following the steps in there and let me know if you have any further trouble.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Nick_8326929

Thanks Rav

Regretfully it didn't work

im guessing there may be issues with some of the supplier set up as well

is there anyway that Hosted can allow us to correct these before we lodge....we are ony getting the errors after we lodge...thansk again

• Kris_Williams
    Kris_Williams Member Posts: 3,272 Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert

Have you tried pulling up a supplier list report and only select the subcontractors- then customise to show all relevant details, ABN, LEGAL NAME ADDRESS etc and check for anomalies.

• Nick_8326929

Thanks Kris

it will have to be a manual check of the records...would have been quicker to complete the manual forms, lol

any way id still be curious to understand why the Desktop version is able to flag records incomplete prior to lodgement and Accounts Hosted cant.

i appreciate your response

• Kris_Williams
    Kris_Williams Member Posts: 3,272 Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert

It’s a pain I can understand, as I’m not having any trouble using Hosted fortunately

• Nick_8326929

i guess im paying the price for sloppy data entry in the first instance...thanks again

• Kris_Williams

Have you spoken to support? So you are using Hosted I see, I thought it was the desktop version. Have you done a data rebuild?

• Nick_8326929

I wanted to try the Community first just to see if i was missing something but i will

i had no trouble on the Desktop version as it wouldn't let you lodge unless the files was correct

..i migrated to Hosted about 6 month ago..and this is my first TPAR.

Im not toofamiliar with Hosted..what is a data rebuild? what does it do?

• Kris_Williams
    edited August 2021

It tidies up any errors in your file. If you go to file - utilities - you will see Rebuild data. I suggest you make sure you have a backup saved to your external drive, do a rebuild - it will backup first then rebuild, and do this 3 times as I’ve heard that doing it 3 times is optimal. Maybe after the first rebuild you could check TPAR again. I actually did mine yesterday and when I said export it showed me one by one which suppliers needed amending.