Copy and Paste from external source

Julie Sponneck
Julie Sponneck Member Posts: 14 ✭✭

Copy and Paste from external source. - Now the clipboard is no longer there how do you copy and paste from external source. ? We have tried all the difference internet platforms as well as CtrlV nothing working, so so very painful. We have lots of data to write up in Inventory items and this is so painstaking long and tiresome. Please anyone help - we are using PC and I also have a MAC

Comments

• GerryWinter
    GerryWinter Accredited Partner Posts: 1,204 Personal Range Expert Personal Range Expert

I would like to see that, have you tried to use the RED DOT toolbar, let me know how you go.

Gerry id 6376

Gerhard Winter

Ph. 0418907140

Reckon Store Next Door

"Always at your Service"

Email: gwinter0808@gmail.com

• Julie Sponneck

Red toolbar only allows you to upload and download, there is no where to paste data (clipboard) - is that what you mean

• GerryWinter
    GerryWinter Accredited Partner Posts: 1,204 Personal Range Expert Personal Range Expert

You are right, it used to be there, shows you how often i use it.

Gerry id 6376

Gerhard Winter

Ph. 0418907140

Reckon Store Next Door

"Always at your Service"

• Kris_Williams
    Kris_Williams Member Posts: 3,272 Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert
    edited August 2021

I just tried on an iPad and was able to copy and paste, will try when I turn PC on

Nope not working on my PC either, shall have to investigate later

• GerryWinter

mine works fine on all my windows computers so i am thinking it is a computer specific issue.

Gerry id 6376

Gerhard Winter

Ph. 0418907140

Reckon Store Next Door

"Always at your Service"

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager

Hi @Julie Sponneck

In the previous version of Hosted on a Mac, you had to use *CMD C to copy from local, CMD V to paste into the clipboard, then CTRL C, CTRL V to copy it and paste into RAH (and vice versa to copy from Hosted to Local).

Now, while running Chrome or Opera on Mac, you no longer have a clipboard and can use the above keyboard shortcuts to copy/paste directly between your local Mac and Hosted.

Let me know if that works for you.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Julie Sponneck

I'm thinking that also now - as I CAN USE on my specific pc using Google chrome, Windows 10 Pro, under my log in, but the other staff member cannot and we have tried Microsoft edge, Google Chrome, Using Windows 10 Home edition. Any other ideas PLEASE .

• Kris_Williams
    Kris_Williams Member Posts: 3,272 Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert

Nope still not working on PC, I have always used Ctrl V but not working any more

• Kris_Williams

Actually the bottom of the floating toolbar has a clipboard on it as Gerry mentioned - open that and you can paste into there. It used to come up automatically, I never needed to use it though as Ctrl V did the trick. At least there’s an alternative until Ctrl V is fixed

• Julie Sponneck

Nope there is no clipboard - this disappeared a long time ago - but yes I use to use it - getting very frustrated it seems different people see different things when they sign on in the cloud !!

• Julie Sponneck

Will try on a mac later - but for now still cannot do it on a pc using windows 10, so frustrated when things work and then they change and no logical explanation or resolution.

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager

I've just tested copying from an external source and pasting it into Hosted using the usual Ctrl C and Ctrl V keyboard shortcut method and it worked fine, I'll link a screen recording below. This was on Reckon Accounts Hosted 2021 and Version 92.0.4515.159 (Official Build) (64-bit).

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Julie Sponneck

Yes I'm sure it is but as mentioned I'm frustrated by this as I can do it but the person sitting next to me cannot - how is this so....... Where do you find the version and official build details please - I will check this on both ours.

• Kris_Williams
    edited August 2021

On my floating toolbar I have upload, download and clipboard. I am using the 2021 version, no other choice online

i am using Firefox, and Gerry also tried Firefox and he now has it, he didn’t on his normal browser, opera

these changes are not always Reckon based, often browsers have updates and things change - I don’t know enough about it but a JavaScript tab popped up and I’m wondering if recent changes to JavaScript made a difference

• Kris_Williams
    edited August 2021

What browser are you using?

• Julie Sponneck

I use Google chrome and we have also tried on Microsoft Edge, Mozilla the clipboard is def not in the toolbox option.

• GerryWinter

We Just tried Firefox and there it was, WOW

Gerry id 6376

Gerhard Winter

Ph. 0418907140

Reckon Store Next Door

"Always at your Service"

• Kris_Williams

Sorry Julie I have nothing more to suggest

• GerryWinter

Have a look at that.

Gerry id 6376

Gerhard Winter

Ph. 0418907140

Reckon Store Next Door

"Always at your Service"

• Julie Sponneck

Wow look at that yes I do have the clipboard on my pc in Firefox - just downloading and checking other computer.

Standby !!