One-off Salary Sacrificed Employee Contribution to Super

Alex Borodin
Alex Borodin Member Posts: 8

Hi, I am trying to retrospectively set up a one-off Salary Sacrificed Employee Contribution to Superannuation for the 2020/21 Financial Year in order to (eventually) run an update EOFY STP report to the ATO. The payment was in the form of a lumpsum to the Small Business Clearing House for one employee and was made in June last year.

My understanding is that that I would need to create a one-off Unscheduled pay run for that date with just that one salary-sacrified payment appearing on it and then run STP for that payrun, and again run STP for EOFY (update).

However, there were no such Pay Items previously...

So I have tried adding a Pay Item in PayRoll Setup under the Super tab, but when I do a one-off pay run, it doesn't appear in any of the drop-downs for that Payrun, either under Deductions and Employee Super Contributions, nor under Company Summary where the SGC contributions normally appear.

I have zero experience with this and need it to be explained to me in language that a 3 year old would understand :-)

Comments

• Kris_Williams
    Kris_Williams Member Posts: 3,272 Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert

Setup payroll item

enter in employees pay setup detail

add into a pay run

gross amount and salary sacrifice. Zero wages and tax

• Alex Borodin
    Alex Borodin Member Posts: 8

Thank you so much for that! So in the Pay run in your example, you have included the same amount of ordinary wage as the Salary Sacrificed Super Contribution in order to balance it out to nett zero?

• Kris_Williams
    Kris_Williams Member Posts: 3,272 Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert

Yes that’s how I did it, as salary sacrifice is meant to reduce tax in many cases, maybe you should run it by your accountant