cant send my file to Gov connect

peter24468
peter24468 Member Posts: 13
  • Hi i need to change my branch number to 003 and when i do i cant send my file to Gov connect. i get this message " An error occurred submitting single touch payroll details to the API." When i take the 003 back out of the field in setting it will work. How can i change my branch number to comply with the ATO?
  • Peter.

Comments

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager

Hi Peter,

What has your STP entity in GovConnect been setup with in terms of the branch number? You'll find it on the STP entity (screenshot example below).

If its been setup with a branch number other than the one you've listed in your Reckon One book then there will be an issue because there's a mismatch between GovConnect and Reckon One.

Is this a new change that has occurred with your ABN or is it a case of the STP entity being created with the incorrect branch number?

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• peter24468

Hi Rav, I originally set up Gov connect with out a branch number which was working fine but now that the ATO want me to use 003 . So now that i have put this number in my book setting , STP wont send. I think you are on the right track now, im thinking that i need to change my Gove connect to include this branch number but i cant see anywhere that i can edit this or ad it?

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager

Thanks for getting back to me @peter24468

Ok this makes a lot more sense now. You can't change the branch number on your STP entity yourself and there are a few reasons for that but we can organise this for you from our end.

Before we can make any changes though, I'll need to confirm a few things.

Firstly, what is the ABN in question here?

Secondly, you've sent submissions to the ATO using this STP entity that does not have a branch number, correct? If so, before we can make any changes to the configuration you'll need to bring any current/active balances that have been sent back down to zero.

Has the 2020/21 year been finalised successfully already or is that what you're currently going through to do?

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• peter24468

Ok the ABN is 58 146 500 746 The Narrandera Pizzeria

Yes i have sent files to the ATO with no Branch number.

Yes 2020 /2021 has been finalised its just from the 1st of July this financial year i have been sending the STP files. The ATO said that that i will have to go in and report NIL for my wages for this financial year and then send the the new STP's with the 003 branch, if that makes sense.

Peter

• peter24468

Hi Rav, anything further on my response yesterday?

• Rav

Yep this makes sense. Bringing the balances back down to zero is something you'll need to do first before we can change the branch number so the advice from the ATO is correct.

To report a nil balance submission in Reckon One, follow the steps listed in this help guide -

Once its been completed successfully, let me know. Our dev team will need to perform some work on our end to change the branch number and I'll organise that bit for you.

Cheers

• peter24468

Ok i will let you know when i have completed this.

• peter24468

Hi Rav, I have now completed and submitted a Nil STP submission to the ATO.

Regards Peter.

• Rav

Thanks for that Peter.

I've just sent the details over to our dev team to perform some work to get your branch number changed on the STP entity. I'll let you know as soon as I hear back from them.

• Rav

Hi @peter24468

Just getting back to you on this one. I've just heard back from my dev team and they've updated the branch number in your STP entity in GovConnect.

Make sure you've updated the branch number to 003 in your Reckon One book settings and you should be good to go now in creating pay runs and sending them to the ATO from here on.

Let me know if you have any further trouble with this.

Cheers

• peter24468

Thank you heaps for fixing this Rav, much appreciated.

Regards Peter.