Quicken Personal 2012 R1

Further to my earlier comments and help requests for this version - does anyone know how I can get the subsequent patches to this release. Patches are available on the web but for the US/CDN version. Unfortunately 2012 R1 is unusable and how it got to market escapes me.

The crippling bug is in Reconcilation. Normally one ticks off the statement entry and simultaneously clicks on the matching line item in the reconcilation window. This window shows the cleared balance and the number of items cleared. On the last reconciliation on a simple statement of only 5 items - the reconcilation window showed 6 items cleared (!!) and an uncleared balance (instead of zero). In the end I clicked 'finish' and it seem to sort itself and didn't ask if i wanted to enter an adjustment but this appalling behaviour is a no go. With a complicated statement, trying to locate an error would be nigh impossible while competing with ones also introduced by Quicken.

I am making the rash assumption that the flurry of patches for 2012 R1 may address this. If not I will have to write off the purchase and revert to my really old version (which works). As it stands 2012 is unfit for purpose.

Hopefully someone can help.

Thanks

William

Comments

• GerryWinter
    GerryWinter Accredited Partner Posts: 1,204 Personal Range Expert Personal Range Expert

I think all your comments would make me upgrade staight away.

Gerry id 6376

Gerhard Winter

Ph. 0418907140

Reckon Store Next Door

"Always at your Service"

Email: gwinter0808@gmail.com

• William_10861698
    William_10861698 Member Posts: 8

That's what I did from Q7 to 2012 - and look where it got me....!!

I'm presuming the flurry of patches to 2012 will address most (some?) of the issues I seem to have uncovered. So if I can get those patches all may be well. Can you point me in the right direction in that respect?

Thanks

William

• GerryWinter
    GerryWinter Accredited Partner Posts: 1,204 Personal Range Expert Personal Range Expert

send me a backup i will open it in 21 and you can call me and asked me check the areas that concern you.

Gerry id 6376

Gerhard Winter

Ph. 0418907140

Reckon Store Next Door

"Always at your Service"

• William_10861698

Thanks Gerry - I'm not too sure what that would achieve. I could be made to live with some of issues raised with respect to ergonomics etc - but some of the logic issues are 'random'. It will work some times and then not another. For example I 'unreconciled' the last 5 entries (deleted the R in each entry) which last time would not reconcile correctly and did a reconcilation again. This time it worked without error.

But I would like to know whether setting up a scheduled transaction now gives the option of what to have in the 'num' field (like Q7).

But I do have another question: if I log into my Quicken account I have the option of downloading my Q2012 - I guess in case I ever have to reinstall. Would the version sitting there now be an updated version - namely include the patches? Certainly there are no separate patches sitting there for download. It would not seem unreasonable for this to be the case.

William

• GerryWinter

Make sure you do a Validate and also a Super Validate and do it a few times.

Gerry id 6376

Gerhard Winter

Ph. 0418907140

Reckon Store Next Door

"Always at your Service"

• William_10861698

OK will do - but note this file is one I started from scratch in 2012 and not a converted one.

Did you have a view on the downloadable copy?

tks

• GerryWinter

not sure what your downloadable copy is.

Gerry id 6376

Gerhard Winter

Ph. 0418907140

Reckon Store Next Door

"Always at your Service"

• William_10861698

It says Quicken Personal 2012. Do Reckon leave old unpatched buggy versions for their customers to download or do they ensure they are the updated version?

• GerryWinter

not sure what Buggy version are, call me to discuss

Gerry id 6376

Gerhard Winter

Ph. 0418907140

Reckon Store Next Door

"Always at your Service"

• William_10861698

Will do. Means a release not fully tested and contains bugs. Usually fixed by subsequent patches.

Found another. Produced a transaction report - all transactions for the current year, A report I need. Clicking on a column title sorts the order of the transactions - except if one clicks on categories it doesn't appear to work properly! It's the category order I need viz alphabetical order. It certainly puts the catergory groups together but not alphabetically!!

• GerryWinter

Transaction-Categories Just checked mine and it works fine.

Gerry id 6376

Gerhard Winter

Ph. 0418907140

Reckon Store Next Door

"Always at your Service"

• GerryWinter

Are you still going to call me today.

Gerry id 6376

Gerhard Winter

Ph. 0418907140

Reckon Store Next Door

"Always at your Service"