SGC calculation

Kali
Kali Member Posts: 341 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Other than the SGC rate going from 9.5% to 10% has anything else changed with how Reckon calculates super?

I am finding the system's calculation to be wrong - take the following employee's wages throughout August:

He worked 3 out of the 4 weeks with gross wages as follows:

1st week - $271.53 (no super which is correct - under $450.00 threshold)

2nd week - $1149.30 system calculated $124.97

3rd week - $1149.29 system calculated $124.34

System is calculating a total of $249.31 for the month of August. I believe this to be incorrect.

I believe it should be:

1st week - $0

2nd week - $142.08 (1st week + 2nd week gross x 10%)

3rd week - $114.93 ($1149.29 x 10% = $114.93)

Total should be: $257.01.

All wages are superable for the 3 weeks.

Can someone please tell me what i'm missing??? I have never had this problem before.

Comments

• Kali

Hi @Rav,

Any luck with this one - it's a bit of a concern?

Cheers,

Kali

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager

Hi Kali,

I've asked our Payroll Premier product owner to review your calculations and confirm the situation. I'll get back to you as soon as I hear back.

Cheers

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• JPK1969
    JPK1969 Member Posts: 28

@Kali

Your calculations are correct - the $450 threshold is a monthly threshold. If an employee earns over $450 in a month then super is payable on the full amount for the month.

• Kali

@JPK1969 thanks for confirming I'm not going crazy.

@Rav any luck with this yet? I don't particularly want to have to check 250+ employees SGC calculations every week but with the above in my mind, I am now concerned the system is calculating other employees incorrectly.

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager

Hi Kali, the Product Manager has advised that there have been no changes made other than the default rate now being 10%. The way in which the software performs calculations hasn't been altered.

Can you please get in touch with our technical support team so we can have a technician take a deeper dive into this with you.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• JPK1969
    JPK1969 Member Posts: 28

@Kali

Just thinking about this some more - when you say "System is calculating a total of $249.31 for the month of August" is this from a report or from their pay slips?

I've worked with systems before when on the pay slips it shows that no super as accrued for a particular pay run, but in the end of month report, it has calculated correctly.

• Kali

@JPK1969 it was adding up the SGC on all the relevant pays. I had to change it manually before issuing the employee an incorrect pay slip.

Thanks again for your assistance and thoughts on this matter.

Cheers,

Kali