Expats with Student Loans

LyndaLynda Member Posts: 2

The tax office has told me that the only way a registered tax agent can notify the ATO of a non-resident taxpayer's 'worldwide income' so that a HELP debt payment can be assessed is by using a schedule that is part of the tax return. The ATO said that the tax return software provider should be able to tell me how to find this schedule in the software. Is this correct. Is there a worldwide income schedule for HELP debt reporting purposes that I can download for Elite Tax?


  • Michael LeeMichael Lee Reckon Staff Posts: 44 ✭✭

    Hi Lynda,

    It's part of the Individual Tax Return. Under Other Items, there is a schedule called 'Non-Resident Foreign Income'

  • LyndaLynda Member Posts: 2

    Excellent. Found the schedule. Thanks heaps Michael.

Sign In or Register to comment.