STA App data migration

Kris_10862003
Kris_10862003 Member Posts: 8
edited January 3 in Reckon Payroll 🚀

@Rav

Hi, Rav, I want to migrate the data, but it asked me to Sign in with another account or Set up a new business. So, I created a new account. But I haven't summited any pay run. Because, the branch number was different to the older version and employees data was not in the phone. I want it to be cancel. Cloud you please fix this technical problem, I want my data to be migrated.

ABN 62168964958

Answers

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager

Hi Kris,

I've just had a look at this. The first thing I'll recommend is to not create any additional branch numbers for your ABN if they don't exist in reality as it will cause further problems later on if you send submissions for a false branch.

With that said, I've removed the existing ABN and branch registrations that were created since they held no submissions now with immediate effect.

Please sign in to the Payroll App using the same email address and password that you use for your old STP app account and follow the prompts to migrate.

Let me know how you get on.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Kris_10862003

Hi Rav,

Thank you for your reply and I was able to login and see all the past data.

But, I still have a problem with pay runs that need your help to fix.

I made a incorrect pay run on 28 Aug 2021 and ATO has approved it already. But I want to correct the wrong pay run. Because, the number in that pay run was too big. I tried to put negative number into a new pay run on the new version of the STP to make the it right. But, it seems the new version of the STP won't let me to put negative numbers into the pay run.

Could you delete the pay run if possible, or is there any ways to make it works. I had search from the internet, the comment says that make the pay run with zero. So, you can starting a new pay run with the correct numbers. But I am not sure about this.

Thank you.

• Joseph Li
    Joseph Li Member Posts: 499 ✭✭

Try adjusting the 28 Aug 2021 pay run. Pay run screen ->new adjustment.

• swakhlu01 .
    swakhlu01 . Member Posts: 482 Payroll App Expert Payroll App Expert

In Payroll app the payrun adjustment works differently to the old STP app. You virually end up resubmitting a new Payrun that replaces the Payrun you want to adjust.

Select the Payrun from the Payrun tab (not the STP tab) in the payrun screen. Click on the 3 (...) dots on the top right of screen. Select Edit payrun (revert to draft). At this point enter the amounts you actually want (not the differences).

When you complete the payrun this time on the Declaration screen ensure you tick "submit as Adjustment" . Then follow the rest of the declaration.

It is important not to hit the Cancel anytime once you have chosen to edit the payrun (revert to draft). If you anytime want to exit the process once you have reverted the old Payrun to draft use the Back arrow on top left of screen. Otherwise Reckon app can loose the Payrun altogether. (as if it is deleted).

Some guidance (but not much) on this Reckon help page -

https://help.reckon.com/article/dxemdx8slf-payroll-app-end-of-financial-year-report#edit_a_pay_run

• Kris_10862003

@swakhlu01 .

Thank you for your reply,

In my Payroll app, in my screen there is no 3(...) dots on the top right of the screen. It only shows the plus mark which showing as (create new...) . When I clicked the plus mark which is not 3 (...) dots on the top right of the screen, it has option to choose new adjustment. 

Since I submitted everything in the old version of the payroll app in my old phone. It properly needs the data of the old pay run from my old phone to make it works in the new app.

I read the guidance, but I can't even go into the edit pay run page. So, I am confuse.

I am having this problem around few weeks. Is there anyway to contact the manager of the app? So, it can be deleted and I want to make a new pay run to cover it up.

• Joseph Li

@Kris Tab on pay run then you will see the three dots. This assumes pay run is visible in Payroll App. If not you cannot edit it.

If difference is not too big you can make manual adjustment in an upcoming pay run. If gross pay was $450 over in 28 Aug 2021 pay run, just decrease gross pay by $450 in the upcoming pay run. So no need to edit 28 Aug 2021 pay run.

• Kris_10862003

@Joseph Li I still can't make it. And there is no items expect the pay run that I created today.

Because, the difference was too big. In old version, It can be adjust each total gross and total PAYG easliy. But on new version it seems no way to adujust if the pay run is not visiable.

If I make a new pay run with correct numbers. Is it going to covered the incorrect pay run?

Thank you.

• Joseph Li

If pay run was submitted from the old STP App, it would not be visible in Payroll App. So you cannot edit pay run.

Do not submit 28 Aug 2021 pay run again with correct figures please. That would make things worse.

28 Aug 2021 pay run figures would be included by migration in employee initial YTD. So you can correct employee initial YTD and employee myGov income statement would be correct after FY 2022 finalisation.

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager

Hi Kris,

From the sounds of it you're trying to edit employee balances that have been migrated from the old STP app rather than editing a pay run created in the Payroll App itself.

I'd recommend following the guidance from @Joseph Li above and I'll also link some info below some key things to know on how to amend/edit employee balances in the Payroll App -

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.