Can't log in to new Reckon Payroll App

SJWSJW Member Posts: 7

Hi. I'm having the same problem that some other users have had, that is that I can't log in to the new Reckon Payroll App. Every time I try, I get the "something went wrong" screen. I've tried closing and reopening the app, and also deleting and reloading the app from the Apple app store. The problem first seemed to start when I tried to migrate data from the old STP app. I'm happy to reenter all data, I'd just like to know a way that I can get the app working for me. Thanks, SJW

Comments

• swakhlu01 .swakhlu01 . Member Posts: 241 ✭✭✭

@SJW Have you looked at some of the suggestions provided by Reckon Support team relating to "something went wrong" after migrating from old STP app.

https://help.reckon.com/article/dhm0f2as4l-payroll-migration-faqs

• RavRav Administrator Posts: 11,691 Community Manager

@SJW

Let me know how you get on after checking out the info in the guide that @swakhlu01 . has posted above.

Cheers

• SJWSJW Member Posts: 7

Hi - I tried the tips given in the link. Employee and Company details are all okay. I think the problem might be that there is an Open but Inactive Reckon One Book. My business is a very small business with one casual employee and no work during COVID lockdowns. I initially paid a monthly fee, but changed to using the free app option to simply enter payroll data. is it possible to delete the old Reckon One Book (which contains no data) or is there some other way that I can get the new Reckon Payroll App to work? Thanks, SJW

Apologies for the delay in getting back to you @SJW

A Reckon One book with the same name as the one you've given your Payroll App book will definitely cause an issue and I can check that out.

Can I grab the ABN that you're trying to migrate over and I'll do a few checks on my end.

Hi Rav - My ABN is 831 453 290 53. If migrating fails, is there a way that I can create a new account and start from scratch using the same ABN? Thanks for your help, SJW

@SJW Can you double check that ABN for me, its showing as invalid/doesn't exist in both our systems and the ABR.

If migrating fails, is there a way that I can create a new account and start from scratch using the same ABN?

You should still be able to migrate once we get the Reckon One book side of things sorted out.

Hi Rav, so sorry - I should have entered ABN 831 453 290 58. Thanks, SJW

Thanks for that @SJW

Ok, leave this with me for a little bit. I've sent the details of your case over to our dev team as I'll need their help to straighten out the deactivated Reckon One book that is in your account so that migration can proceed.

I'll let you know as soon as I hear back.

Hi @SJW

My dev team have just got back to me about it and they've sorted out the old Reckon One book side of things.

If you go ahead and try to migrate again it should work this time. You may encounter the 'Something went wrong' error message one more time and if you do, just hit the 'Logout' option on-screen and then close the app down in full ie. swipe it away from your other running apps then reopen and login.

Let me know how you get on.

Thanks very much for all your help Rav - everything is up and running now. 😀