Entering Payroll details for 2021 finacial year

I need to enter payroll details in the STP app for July and August 2020 in the old version of STP mobile app. I can't enter a date that that is earlier than September 2020. Do I use the old App or can I enter the details in the new app?

Comments

• RavRav Administrator Posts: 11,691 Community Manager

Hi Peter,

Have you migrated your STP app info over to the Payroll App as yet?

The STP app is retired and will no longer accept new pay run submissions from being created within it so its best that you move over to the Payroll App if you need to perform any pay runs.

I'll link some info below that covers how to migrate -

• Peter ThomasPeter Thomas Member Posts: 8

I have migrated to the new app. So are you saying I can enter the missing pay runs in the new app? Can I still do a end of year run for last financial year in the new app?

• RavRav Administrator Posts: 11,691 Community Manager

Yes you can Peter.

I'll link a guide below which steps you through how to perform an EOFY finalisation in the Payroll App -

Thanks for you help so far Rav. I have entered the missing payroll details and have just had a look at the EOFY figures. They are incorrect but all the new payrolls look OK. As the EOFY figure is much higher there must be a problem if the payrolls entered in the old version of STP. I cannot see any of these payrolls in the new payroll app but they must have been included in the EOFY amounts. What do I do now?

• Joseph LiJoseph Li Member Posts: 486 ✭✭

Pay runs submitted from the old STP App would have been included in employee initial YTD in Payroll App. Looks like initial YTD figures are too big. Reducing initial YTD figures would result in correct EOFY figures.

• swakhlu01 .swakhlu01 . Member Posts: 241 ✭✭✭

@Peter Thomas I hope this will not confuse the situation. But if migration was ok from the old STP app, all the previous payruns from STP app and the new ones you created in the Payroll app should show up in the STP Tab of the Payrun menu. You can compare these amounts to what shows up in the Initial YTD summary. Make sure ALL the transactions showing in the STP tab have "success" status.

The Payrun menu has two tabs - Payrun, which shows the Payruns made from the Payroll app and STP, which show all the STP reports sent to ATO.

It's all a bit strange. There were 4 payruns in the old STP app but only four have been transferred. Checking the gross amounts on each of the pay runs under the new payroll app look OK. The total of all these do not add up to the EOFY report figures. Is there a way to edit the YTD figures?

@Peter Thomas So 4 pay runs were migrated, that is normal. Payroll App Pay Summary = Initial YTD + pay runs submitted from Payroll App. Since pay runs submitted from Payroll App are correct, edit Initial YTD would correct Pay Summary.

@Peter Thomas To edit the initial YTD summary for employee refer this help

Make sure you scroll to the right of the screen to locate the Initial Summary tab in Employee settings page and the correct FY tab

https://help.reckon.com/article/uz5x44p19d-reckon-payroll-app-adding-employees#initial_ytd

OK I think I'm finally getting to a point where I can submit the EOFY. One thing I'm not clear on are the summary figures.

They only contain gross , tax paid and Superannuation. When you are entering the details in a pay run, if you want to include salary sacrifice you have to enter that separately and it adds it to the gross. Do the gross figures in the EOFY summary include this salary sacrifice? Does the superannuation figure include the salary sacrifice? Thanks for everyone's help so far.

By nature gross does not include salary sacrificed super. Super amount in EOFY report can include salary sacrificed super.

@Peter Thomas In Payroll app the Salary sacrifice super amount entered in the regular Payrun is assumed to be within the Total Earnings and then appropriate Deductions is created by the app depending on amount entered in Salary sacrifice to ensure PAYG Tax is correct. This is because 10% super guarantee needs to be calculated on the Salary sacrifice amounts as well per ATO ruling effective 1st Jan 2020. The EOFY summary for the year will show the Salary sacrifice super and corresponding Deductions. It also ensures the correct superannuation amount is reported to ATO as Reportable employer super contribution as distinct from Guaranteed super contribution which is the 10% default part.

However, this works differently in the Initial YTD summary. When an amount is entered in the Salary sacrifice super part it does not alter the Total Earnings or deductions or tax witheld or Guaranteed super amounts already there or entered. The EOFY report will show the amounts entered in initial YTD summary and accumulation of amounts in subsequent Payruns made during the year.