GovConnect incorrectly set up

Options
lara
lara Member Posts: 9
edited January 3 in Reckon Payroll 🚀

Hi,

i want to use the payroll app but it says the business is already registered. I have accidently set it up twice in Reckon govconnect and can't delete or alter them. So I can't set up the app.

What can I do? I have deleted the sBR software from access manager.

thank you

Lara

Answers

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,392 Community Manager Community Manager
    Options

Hi Lara,

Can I grab the ABN that you're trying to setup in the Payroll App and that is currently setup in GovConnect.

Cheers

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• lara
    Options

18 607 456 128 for Larluka Pty Ltd

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,392 Community Manager Community Manager
    Options

Thanks Lara.

Just confirming, you're not migrating from the old STP app are you? You're just creating a brand new account on the Payroll App, is that correct?

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• lara
    Options

no just trying to set up for first time

• Rav
    Options

Cool no worries.

I've cleared the existing unused GovConnect registrations now with immediate effect.

Close the app in full ie. swipe it away from all other running apps on your phone, reopen it and then try again it should go through fine this time but let me know if you run into trouble.

• lara
    Options

I have uninstalled and reinstalled app and shut everything on phone and desktop but I get on app the ABN is already registered??

• Rav
    Options

Try it again now and let me know if it goes through this time.

• lara
    Options

no??? keep getting it is registered. I turned my phone off and restarted it too?

• Rav
    Options

Hmmm that's strange. I can definitely confirm your ABN is available to register and I can see that its trying to register it but it looks like its doing it out of order.

Ok, lets try something a bit different this time.

Can you head over to the Payroll App web access page here - https://payroll.reckon.com/ (preferably on a PC) and sign in using your email address and password then attempt to register your ABN and setup your account here.

Once the account is created, you'll be able to sign in on the mobile app using the same login credentials.

Hopefully that works but let me know how you go.

• lara
    Options

did that and got "oops, something went wrong, this issue may be temporary. Please try again. I got this a few times on phone too

• Rav
    Options

The 'Something went wrong' error message is related to incomplete/missing data when migrating from the STP app or if there is a Reckon One book with the same name in your account. Both of which doesn't seem to apply in your case.

On your attempts, you're signing in and not attempting to create a new account, correct?

I've made a small change on my end, can you please sign in and try one more time.

If it fails, can you send me a screenshot of the error message you get on-screen.

• lara
    Options

Tried again today on the phone and get "ABN & branch number is already registered" again

• lara
    Options

I have tried again today on desktop and keep getting this message?

• Rav
    Options

Hi Lara

Sorry to hear this hasn't worked out yet, definitely shouldn't be this hard and its rather odd that you're getting this specific message as the reasons why it 'normally' appears don't seem consistent with your account.

Can I just confirm, are you creating your Payroll App account using the same email address that your Community account is registered under?

I'll have a chat with our dev team about this.

• lara
    Options

I think so, as I tried to set up another account with my personal email and it didn't work. Can I delete everything and start again?

• Rav
    Options

Can you send me a Private Message with any and all email addresses that you've tried to use to create an account on the Payroll App and I'll take a further look.

Thanks