STP Employee Income Statement not prepopulating in employee MyGov Account or prefill report ATO port

Inga
Inga Member Posts: 8

We have done the STP EOFY finalisation process for 2021FY for our client and all the employees details show as correct and agreeing when compared with payroll report in Reckon Hosted.

One employee's income statement is not prepopulating in their MyGov account and when looking at their prefill report from the ATO the information is not available there either.

Any suggestions on how to correct this issue / any ideas on what has happened here?

TFN, DOB, Name etc have all been double checked and agree

Thanks in anticipation

Inga

Comments

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager

Hi @Inga, a few things to go over which I'll outline below -

To clarify, is this employee still showing a 'Not Tax Ready' status in their MyGov account?

Were there any further 2020/21 submissions sent for this employee AFTER the EOFY finalisation that they were included in?

Was the EOFY submission that they were included in successful?

Have you tried sending through another EOFY finalisation with just this specific employee included in it?

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Inga

Hi @Rav

Thanks for your reply.

The income statement does not show at all in either their MyGov account or on the ATO Prefill report for 2021FY

No additional submissions were done for the 2021FY after the EOFY finalisation submitted.

The EOFY Submission was successful

I did try submitting a new EOFY Finalisation yesterday with just that specific employee included in it which was successful - but no change to any information being shown in their MyGov account or on their ATO Prefill.

On another note - the current pays for the 2022FY are not showing when I look on the ATO portal or in their MyGov account.

Thanks

Inga

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager

The income statement does not show at all in either their MyGov account or on the ATO Prefill report for 2021FY

No additional submissions were done for the 2021FY after the EOFY finalisation submitted.

The EOFY Submission was successful

I did try submitting a new EOFY Finalisation yesterday with just that specific employee included in it which was successful - but no change to any information being shown in their MyGov account or on their ATO Prefill.

Hmmm... strange. I know you've mentioned you've checked the employee details but to triple check, is the TFN, name & DOB of this employee all accurate and valid and matches their details in the MyGov account?

If the submissions have been successful then you'll have a ATO receipt number that shows in GovConnect within the submission (click the 'Detail' link) which is an acknowledgement of submission from the ATO. I'd suggest perhaps the next step would be to give the ATO a call and provide them with the receipt number, they should be able to track down where the submission data for this employee is going when it comes to MyGov etc.

On another note - the current pays for the 2022FY are not showing when I look on the ATO portal or in their MyGov account.

Are your submissions being created as normal new pay run submissions OR are you creating them as Update Events?

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Inga

Hi Rav

Ok - no worries - will do. The TFN, DOB and Name definitely agree with the ATO Portal - and nothing is showing on their prefill or in the STP income details - nothing - not even showing as "Not Tax Ready". I will check with the employee for their MyGov details to make sure it agrees.

No worries - I'll contact the ATO

New pay runs for this current year are all being submitted as new pay run submissions.

Thanks

Inga

• Joseph Li
    Joseph Li Member Posts: 499 ✭✭

@Inga Is it possible that employee is new ?

• Inga

@Joseph Li the employee started in July 2019 - so not new... 2021FY was the first year submitted under STP though... but all other employees (11 other employees) have worked fine - Income statements showing as "Tax Ready" and flowed through to individual MyGov accounts. Very strange... I'm at a loss... 🙄

• Joseph Li

@Inga I suppose that employee’s myGov account is linked to ATO. What does employee’s myGov employment status looks like?

• Inga

@joseph Li - I'm not sure. They just advised that there was no Income Statement showing for the 2021FY. In previous years the income statements have come through ok to their MyGov account.

• Joseph Li

@Inga You and employee might need to submit another TFN declaration online. It looks like employee is not employed by you in myGov, hence income statement would not show. Better check with ATO implication of lodging TFN declaration form.

• Inga

@Joseph Li I did contact the ATO - they could see the 2021FY income statement details for the employee in their system but were unable to explain why the information wasnt' flowing through to the ATO prefill reports or to the employee's MyGov account. The ATO advised this was not a known problem and has escalated the issue.

• Rav

Glad to hear you're getting some traction with the ATO and would be keen to hear the outcome of their investigation