General Ledger

How do I do a General Ledger in Reckon Accounts.

Comments

• Kris_Williams
    Kris_Williams Member Posts: 3,272 Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert

Reports - accountant- General ledger

• Kris_Williams
    Kris_Williams Member Posts: 3,272 Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert

You are correct but if this is all she wants she has the answer, otherwise she’ll get back to us

• Kris_Williams

I have never found the help files very helpful, I was actually looking for something yesterday to no avail.

I have found these days accountants want a copy of the general ledger along with the normal financial reports

• Leanne_10576078
    Leanne_10576078 Member Posts: 11

Thank You. Well, that was easy.

• Kris_Williams

I was told they need to keep it for ATO requirements, possibly in light of the fact that people often change accounting software and don’t or can’t keep a backup, as in Reckon One and Quickbooks online e.g.

• Leanne_10576078
    Leanne_10576078 Member Posts: 11

I needed to print out the General Ledger for Last Financial Year, to give to our Auditor, as she could not open our version of Reckon Accounts on her computer. This happens every year.

• Kris_Williams
    edited September 2021

I don’t print the GL for accountants just send them a PDF, and that too is free, up to them to store it safely

Glad you got it sorted Leanne