Install Quicken Personal Plus 2011 on New Windows 10 PC

Hi there. I have 2 questions and would appreciate your advice.

1) I have installed Personal Plus 2011 via disc on a new Windows 10 PC for my 90+ y.o. father. When I click on the desktop icon and enter his installation key code, it brings up an error message no 7096 and I can't proceed any further. Is it possible to download this 2011 version from the internet instead, eg via your website or quicken.com? I realise it is very old and possibly no longer supported.

2) If I download a current version of Quicken Personal Plus, will my father's data from the 2011 version be compatible with the current or a recent version of Quicken? If so, I'll back it up on a portable hard drive and copy it to the new computer.

I'm basically trying to find a way to safely transfer his Quicken records from the 2011 software to a new PC with a new version of Quicken. Looking forward to your suggestions. Thank you.

Comments

• GerryWinter
    GerryWinter Accredited Partner Posts: 1,204 Personal Range Expert Personal Range Expert

It will be compatible but may look slightly different and when you are ready to upgrade contact me for a special price.

Gerry id 6376

Gerhard Winter

Ph. 0418907140

Reckon Store Next Door

"Always at your Service"

Email: gwinter0808@gmail.com

• Wendy_10862109
    Wendy_10862109 Member Posts: 3

Hi Gerry, thanks so much for getting back to me. That's great news. I'll be in touch again re the appropriate version and to discuss a price. Maybe you could walk me through the changes in the features so I can explain to my Dad or he could call you. (He's a retired accountant!) I'm not familiar with Quicken but he should understand what you mean.

• GerryWinter
    GerryWinter Accredited Partner Posts: 1,204 Personal Range Expert Personal Range Expert

Wendy,

The way it works is pretty much the same it is mainly in the new icons and visual design.

He should come to grips with it pretty quickly also he can call me if he needs to.

Gerry id 6376

Gerhard Winter

Ph. 0418907140

Reckon Store Next Door

"Always at your Service"

• Wendy_10862109
    Wendy_10862109 Member Posts: 3

Thanks Gerry. That's good to know. The main concern is around ensuring the Quicken records will be accessible, but from what you've said it sounds like that won't be a risk. I'll be in touch again in a couple of days. I'm just setting up some of the basics for him on the new Windows 10 PC, including copying all his data. I've noted your mobile and email details (thanks), and will contact you direct.

• Tony_10862800
    Tony_10862800 Member Posts: 1

Hi Gerry, I have exactly the same issue - been using Personal Plus 2011 for years and now need to upgrade to a new computer but can't install the program. So I guess I need to purchase whatever is the latest version for home finance and transfer the data. What would you recommend? We use it to track our personal finances.

• GerryWinter

I can help you with all of that just give me a call and i will sort it

Gerry id 6376

Gerhard Winter

Ph. 0418907140

Reckon Store Next Door

"Always at your Service"

• GerryWinter

How did it go ,do you still need a hand.

Gerry id 6376

Gerhard Winter

Ph. 0418907140

Reckon Store Next Door

"Always at your Service"