how do i update/edit the superannuation amount in a pay run?

mlatour
mlatour Member Posts: 16
edited January 3 in Reckon Payroll 🚀

how do i update/edit the superannuation amount in a pay run?

Answers

• swakhlu01 .
    swakhlu01 . Member Posts: 482 Payroll App Expert Payroll App Expert

@mlatour In Reckon Payroll App there are two components of Superannuation in the payrun.

1. Superguarantee contribution - this is a percent rate that comes up as default of 10% of gross earnings. One can alter it up or down to adjust the amount payable for the employee.
    2. Salary sacrifice super - this is the employee salary packing pre-tax super contribution amount. The Payroll App will add this amount to the gross earning and then apply a deduction to offset the tax calculation. It will also calculate a proportional Super guarantee contribution for the amount salary sacrificed into super.
  • Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager

@mlatour

Are you looking to make an adjustment to the super balance in a pay run that has already been created in the Payroll App?

If so, you can do this by going into that particular pay run, tapping on 'Edit' and then adjusting the super balance to what you need it to be and then selecting 'Submit as an adjustment' on the declaration page prior to resubmitting it to the ATO as part of your STP reporting.

If that's not what you're looking for, let us know some more detailed info and we'll get you headed in the right direction.

Cheers

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• mlatour

Thanks Rav, yes that is what I'm trying to.

The pay run has already been submitted to the ATO. How do I go into that particular pay run? I can't seem to access the pay run. Can you edit the super balance? I can't seem to be able to do so. It calculates the super amount based on the gross amount submitted and the rate.

I just need to update the super amount and not re-enter a gross salary amount.

• swakhlu01 .

@mlatour In payroll app you virtually resubmit the payrun to be updated as a new payrun using the old payrun you want to modify. Refer the Reckon help link below. You select the Payrun from the Payrun Tab of the Payrun menu (not STP Tab).

As mentioned by Reckon support team, to adjust the Super Guarantee amount you will have to keep adjusting the Rate to get the right amount (based on the Gross Earnings amount). The Super rate can be tweaked to 4 decimal places. (but can't be 0).

If you can't find the Payrun in the list it is very likely this has been deleted by your attempt to unsuccessfully update it. I am not sure if Reckon support can provide a remedy to recover the submitted Payrun if you can't find it.

https://help.reckon.com/article/dxemdx8slf-payroll-app-end-of-financial-year-report#edit_a_pay_run

• mlatour

When I select the Pay Run tab it does not show a list of my pay runs. It says "let's create your first pay run" with a blue "Create first pay run" tab. I have only made 1 pay run this financial year.

If I select the STP tab and then select the purple Pay runs tab my latest submission is shown with a status of "success". Does this mean that this has been successfully submitted to the ATO?

I cannot seem to adjust/edit this pay run, there are no options to edit and correct the pay run.

Also when I look at the Pay Summary for my employee 1 July 2021 - 30 June 2022 it shows nothing even though I have made 1 pay run (the above "success" run to the ATO).

• swakhlu01 .
    edited September 2021

@mlatour This seems unusual and something Reckon support team may have to analyse. In the meantime there are a couple of confirmatory steps you can take -

1. Is it possible for the employee to also check the employee Income statement for 2021-22 in the ATO mygov account ?
    2. Check the payroll webview of your account from a pc for any differences. Reckon Payroll
    3. Also read this post - seems linked https://community.reckon.com/discussion/8030137/payroll-app-basic-all-payrun-didnt-go-though-ato#latest
  • Joseph Li
    Joseph Li Member Posts: 499 ✭✭

@mlatour Is it possible that you submitted that pay run from the old STP App? If so it would show up under STP tab only (courtesy of migration). Looks like you have not submitted any pay run yet from Payroll App. Anyway since 2022 Pay Summary shows nothing you should create that pay run again (this time with correct super figure). Come EOFY time myGov income statement will be overwritten by Payroll App Pay Summary.

• mlatour

thanks.

I definitely did it on the Payroll App and not the old STP App.

I did check the ATO myGov Income Statement for FY22 for the employee and there are Year-to-date totals there with the correct amounts for Gross Pay & Tax paid.

Should I still create the pay run again? Will come EOFY time the myGov income statement be overwritten by Payroll App Pay Summary and be correct?

• Joseph Li

One explanation is pay run was in Payroll App at one time. You went in to edit it, pay run reverted to draft, and was accidentally deleted afterwards.

That pay run needs to be recreated because EOFY is based on Pay Summary. You would have to tell employee the YTD income statement is inflated somehow. Income statement would be correct after FY 2022 finalisation.

• mlatour

thanks....makes sense

• Joseph Li

Instead of recreating pay run you could put that pay run figures (super corrected) into employee Initial YTD in Payroll App. There would still be temporal mismatch in super between Pay Summary and employee myGov YTD income statement until FY 2022 finalisation.

• Deborah_10363815
    Deborah_10363815 Member Posts: 6

I need help the basic stp has shown an amount under super for someone under 18 thst should not be there how do I delete it please

• Joseph Li

@Deborah Employees under 18 are eligible for super if they work for you more than 30 hours per week and the gross pay is more than $450 in a calendar month.

I assume you have already paid super to employee’s Super Fund. There is no need to remove super amount from STP Reporting.

• Deborah_10363815
    Deborah_10363815 Member Posts: 6

Yes I’m well aware of those facts snd employee definitely not entitled to super and I have not paid them some allready but I still need to know how to delete the super amount please?

• Joseph Li

@Deborah It is possible to submit 2021 EOFY again from Payroll App after removing super amount from employee’s initial YTD. It is a complicated process.

But I think you should just leave things as is. Eventually you would have to pay super according to pay slip. Just consider it as a bonus for the employee.

• Boi
    Boi Member Posts: 3

Hi Administrator

Please, I need help on the Reckon Payroll app.

I submit pay run every week.

• It has an amount under super for someone under 18yrs and I can not delete it. Our employees who under 18yrs are not eligible for super because they work less than 30 hours per week.
    • I also need to adjust for another 2 staff which I accidently enter 9.5% for their super in couple of pay run in July 2021.

I need to fix incorrect super amount for this quarter (July, Aug and Sep 2021)

Thank you

• swakhlu01 .

@Boi In your case you have two issues to resolve

1. For the under 18yrs employees if no Superannuation is required because they work less than 30 hours a week, it might be useful to create a "custom"earnings field in the Company settings menu. Call it something like "Earnings- under 18". Disable the Superannuation calculation tag for it. When you do the Payrun for the employee when working less then 30 hours a week, select this Custom earning as the Earnings Type. The system will not calculate superannuation.
    2. For the 2 staff for whom you under calculated the Compulsory super amount - you will have to run the Adjustment Payrun for those Payruns.

https://help.reckon.com/article/dxemdx8slf-payroll-app-end-of-financial-year-report#edit_a_pay_run

https://help.reckon.com/article/20el8yr42i-reckon-payroll-app-creating-a-pay-run#adjustments

https://help.reckon.com/article/wue9g3b9qa-reckon-payroll-app-settings#adding_new_earnings_item

https://community.reckon.com/discussion/8030104/reckon-payroll-app-settings-menu-how-to-video

• Boi
    Boi Member Posts: 3

@ swakhlu01

Thank you for your response

1. "For the under 18yrs employees ...The system will not calculate superannuation." => I understand that this is for the future. Is there any way that I can delete or adjust the super amount which I already submitted in the last 3 month? And also can I just unclick/unchosen the Superannuation calculation tag for the exiting normal earning type instead of create a custom one?
    2. "For the 2 staff for whom you under calculated the Compulsory super amount - you will have to run the Adjustment Payrun for those Payruns." => Thank you so much, I did the Adjustment Payrun and the amount are correct now.

• swakhlu01 .

@Boi For (1) I see no reason why an adjustment Payrun cannot be done with the Calculate Super unticked for the Earnings type that has been applied. Make sure you restore it back to ticked for future payruns.😀