Bypassing white screen for free payroll app without using faceID?

trevor_10862126
trevor_10862126 Member Posts: 8
edited January 3 in Reckon Payroll 🚀

hi Rav,

following on from a previous discussion, is there a way to overcome the white screen of I’m not using faceID? Everything else remains the same as the previous discussion ie. new phone, iOS 15 etc.

many thanks

Comments

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager

Hi Trevor,

I actually just got out of a meeting with our Payroll App team and passed on the situation that was raised in the other thread yesterday.

Can I just confirm, were you using FaceID on your previous phone before switching over to the new one?

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• trevor_10862126

I was using the thumb print, however, according to the previous user, would there be a way to disable the thumb print/faceID on the old phone and just use a passcode to enter the app so it can migrate to the new phone without having to utilise the faceID?

thanks Rav

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager

Ok here's a couple of things to potentially try out -

1. Switch off TouchID on the old phone in the iPhone settings, you'll usually find this in the Settings > Touch ID & Passcode section. Then download the Payroll App on your new phone and attempt to login.
    2. Switch ON TouchID on your new iPhone in the iPhone settings menu then download the Payroll App on that new iPhone. Open and attempt to login. Does it allow you to do so?

I'd be keen to hear how you get on as we're looking into this currently.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• trevor_10862126

Hi Rav,

On old phone:

1. I’ve logged into payroll and turned off “use touchID” function within the app
    2. also offload the app then reinstalled

on new phone:

1. deleted app completely. Restated phone
    2. re downloaded app from App Store
    3. still getting white screen. Seems like it doesn’t want to load the login page

also tried on new phone:

1. deleted app and restarted phone
    2. log into STP app and used the pop up notice to redirect to download the payroll app
    3. still getting white screen

anything else you can suggest?

thanks

• Rav

Hi Trevor,

Sorry just going to rewind a little bit. Have you previously been able to use the Payroll App successfully on the OLD phone ie. did you migrate your data from the STP app to the Payroll App on that phone and then were using it successfully up until the point you got your new iPhone?

OR, are you trying to migrate from the STP app currently but are getting the white screen?

If you were using the Payroll App successfully, are you using Touch ID or FaceID options on the new phone currently?

From what I understand happened on the other thread, you need to ensure that you use the same authentication method ie. Touch ID, FaceID etc that you used initially.

Let me know though.

• trevor_10862126

Hi Rav,

on old phone: 7s plus

migrated to payroll successfully since end June. Update to ios15 early this week and still able to use currently. Went back into the payroll app yesterday to disable Touch ID. Also disabled touchID for the entire phone itself.

on new phone: 12 pro max

faceID is not set up. Deleted payroll app and reinstalled. Still white screen.

I’m not a fan of faceID so trying to use my phone without faceID.

what do you think?

thanks

• Rav

Ok, now that Touch ID is disabled on the old phone itself fully, is it ALSO disabled on the new phone? If not, can you also do that then reload the app and see if the login page renders correctly?

Sorry, I know this is a bit of a runaround at the moment. We're just working through what is causing the app to not display properly based on biometric authentication methods such as Touch ID, FaceID etc.

• trevor_10862126

That’s correct. TouchID disabled on old phone and touchID within payroll app disabled on old phone. FaceID disabled on new phone. Deleted payroll app on new phone, restated phone, reinstalled payroll app on new phone. Still white screen on new phone.

payroll app still working perfectly fine on old phone

let me know when you figure it out.

thanks Rav

• Rav

FaceID disabled on new phone.

Is TouchID ALSO disabled on the new phone?

• trevor_10862126

I think faceID replaces touchID, I’m not aware there is touchID on the iPhone 12 Pro Max

• Rav

Apologies, I'm an Android user personally so playing a bit of catch-up on the Apple side of things.

Ok last thing I'm going to ask you to do, can you please enable FaceID on your iPhone and once done, reload the Payroll App ie. make sure its fully closed by swiping it away from any other running apps then reopen it. Confirm if the login page populates correctly.

If it doesn't, can you let me know the exact version of iOS that you're running on the new phone and also that you're running v2.12.16 of the Payroll App (this is currently the latest version of the Payroll App available in the App Store).

• trevor_10862126

That’s the issue. I’m trying to avoid using faceID. Is there a way to just use the passcode?

we’ve worked out from the other thread that if I enabled faceID then it should all work.

is there a way to continue using the payroll app without enabling faceID on the new phone?

cheers

• Rav

Sorry Trevor, I should have been clearer in my last reply. I just want you to switch on FaceID so that you can get into your Payroll App account as a first step. Then when you're in, switch it off in both the Payroll App and also in the iPhone settings itself.

I'm hoping that will get you back up and running in full 'properly' from that point on so you can just use your normal passcode instead.

• trevor_10862126

Sorry Rav, I understood what you meant, I just don’t want to register my face on the phone to begin with. Once it’s registered with Apple, god only knows where it goes. That’s why I’m hoping to use the payroll app with just the passcode.

Is your app team looking into this? Or is it easier if I look for a different STP app to work with?

thanks