STP Report still pending hours later.

Options
Libby
Libby Member Posts: 70 ✭✭

Hello everyone,

This is the first time in a long time my payroll STP report has not submitted successfully within a few minutes.

Has anyone else had issues today?

Comments

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,416 Community Manager Community Manager
    Options

Hi Libby,

The ATO's standard timeframe for processing STP submissions is 3 business days and while they're usually pretty quick sometimes it can take a little longer depending on a few things eg. API/systems performance, volume of submissions being transmitted etc. Check back a little later and hopefully that status has been updated.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• JANE_9714211
    JANE_9714211 Member Posts: 81 ✭✭
    Options

Hi Rav,

What if the STP still pending months later. I noticed this yesterday when going through the submitted STP reports.

I was told by a telephone operator a couple of years ago that this is nothing to worry about. It sometimes happens but ATO have the uploaded file. Also, I had a few error messages in the list but the problem was eventually fixed. Can I safely delete these messages now and it won't affect anything?

Thanks.

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,416 Community Manager Community Manager
    Options

Hi Jane,

While not common this can occur at times if there are issues with the SBR2 service which is what handles STP transmissions from all providers or potentially if there may have been maintenance going on with the ATO's systems which does occur on a semi-regular basis.

Something to keep in mind is STP is reported on a Year to Date basis only so if you've sent through successful submissions AFTER this/these one(s) then your balances will have already updated.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.