Failure uploading STP on Reckon GovConnect

Beacon
Beacon Member Posts: 5 ✭

I'm getting this error message. How do I fix this?

It was working fine and then stopped with this message.

ATO Messages

The following error messages have been returned from the ATO and need to be reviewed. You may need to make changes in your accounting product before submitting again.

Error message

Comments

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager

Hi @Beacon

Are you encountering this message in the Reckon Payroll App (which this post has been created under) or in GovConnect after creating the pay run file using some other Reckon software? eg. Reckon Accounts Hosted etc?

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Beacon

Rav,

It's in GovConnect, after uploading the STP file, when submitting to the ATO. The submission to ATO fails with the above message.

I have submitted the file previously without any issues so I'm really confused why this error is happening now and have no idea how to fix it.

• diannec
    diannec Member Posts: 1 ✭

Me too! Is there a fix for this?

• Beacon

No idea. Still waiting for help from Rav.

• Beacon

Rav,

Any help here is much appreciated. Thanks.

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager

Sorry for the delay guys.

This error message is (attempting) to tell you that there is an issue with the email address field in either the employee's details OR your company information.

• Check that there is an email address listed in your company information in your Reckon software. Ensure that its valid, there is only one email address and that there are no spaces before or after the email address.
    • If there is a new employee that you've added recently or edited any existing employees then I'd recommend checking the email address field in their profile in your Reckon software. Ensure there is an email address entered in the field, that its valid and there are no spaces before or after the email address.

Once you've made any required corrections, recreate the STP file and send it through GovConnect again.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Beacon

Rav,

Thank you!!! It worked. Problem fixed.