Updating Software

Options

I am trying to update my Reckon Personal Plus to 2022. I have downloaded the new software and went to install it but the system told me to remove Reckon first and then install the new version.

I assume that is OK and that my data will remains secure in the upgrade process?

Comments

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,392 Community Manager Community Manager
    Options

Hi @GeorgeDeutsch4213

Your data is stored on your file rather than the software installation.

This is unrelated to the upgrade/installation but we always recommend that you have at least a copy or two of your file saved in different locations.

More info on the install process can be found in the Installation & Upgrade Guide found here -

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• GerryWinter
    GerryWinter Accredited Partner Posts: 1,225 Personal Range Expert Personal Range Expert
    Options

Call me if you want a hand installing 2022

Gerry id 6376

Gerhard Winter

Ph. +61 0418907140

Reckon Store Next Door

"Always at your Service"

Email: gwinter0808@gmail.com

• GeorgeDeutsch4213
    GeorgeDeutsch4213 Member Posts: 2
    Options

Thanks - that's what I thought but I just wanted to be sure.

Can I also please ask about something that I think the answer will be no but I want to check just in case.

Until 2 1/2 years ago, I was using Quicken Cashbook V8 which did everything I wanted. However, I could not load it on my then new Windows 10 machine and was unable to transfer the data to Reckon Personal Plus.

I don't suppose there has been any change since then that would make it possible for me to rescue that data?

• GerryWinter
    GerryWinter Accredited Partner Posts: 1,225 Personal Range Expert Personal Range Expert
    Options

I think the answer is yes and no Cashbook upgrade would be to Home and Business not Personal Plus, its only a small extra for H&B.

send me a copy of your backup and i will try it my end.

Gerry id 6376

Gerhard Winter

Ph. +61 0418907140

Reckon Store Next Door

"Always at your Service"

• smithna
    smithna Member Posts: 4
    Options

I am trying to update my Reckon Personal Plus to 2022. I have downloaded the new software and went to install it but the system told me to remove Reckon first and then install the new version. I have done this and when I re-open and put in new installation key, it tells me that my licence has expired!! This is not the case so what can you do? I am stuck and can go no further.

• GerryWinter
    Options

Had the same problem with another client i rang Reckon and they fixed it straightaway, call me if you want me to sort it.

Gerry id 6376

Gerhard Winter

Ph. +61 0418907140

Reckon Store Next Door

"Always at your Service"