Updating Software

I am trying to update my Reckon Personal Plus to 2022. I have downloaded the new software and went to install it but the system told me to remove Reckon first and then install the new version.

I assume that is OK and that my data will remains secure in the upgrade process?

Comments

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager

Hi @GeorgeDeutsch4213

Your data is stored on your file rather than the software installation.

This is unrelated to the upgrade/installation but we always recommend that you have at least a copy or two of your file saved in different locations.

More info on the install process can be found in the Installation & Upgrade Guide found here -

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• GerryWinter
    GerryWinter Accredited Partner Posts: 1,204 Personal Range Expert Personal Range Expert

Call me if you want a hand installing 2022

Gerry id 6376

Gerhard Winter

Ph. 0418907140

Reckon Store Next Door

"Always at your Service"

Email: gwinter0808@gmail.com

• GeorgeDeutsch4213
    GeorgeDeutsch4213 Member Posts: 2

Thanks - that's what I thought but I just wanted to be sure.

Can I also please ask about something that I think the answer will be no but I want to check just in case.

Until 2 1/2 years ago, I was using Quicken Cashbook V8 which did everything I wanted. However, I could not load it on my then new Windows 10 machine and was unable to transfer the data to Reckon Personal Plus.

I don't suppose there has been any change since then that would make it possible for me to rescue that data?

• GerryWinter
    GerryWinter Accredited Partner Posts: 1,204 Personal Range Expert Personal Range Expert

I think the answer is yes and no Cashbook upgrade would be to Home and Business not Personal Plus, its only a small extra for H&B.

send me a copy of your backup and i will try it my end.

Gerry id 6376

Gerhard Winter

Ph. 0418907140

Reckon Store Next Door

"Always at your Service"

• smithna
    smithna Member Posts: 4

I am trying to update my Reckon Personal Plus to 2022. I have downloaded the new software and went to install it but the system told me to remove Reckon first and then install the new version. I have done this and when I re-open and put in new installation key, it tells me that my licence has expired!! This is not the case so what can you do? I am stuck and can go no further.

• GerryWinter

Had the same problem with another client i rang Reckon and they fixed it straightaway, call me if you want me to sort it.

Gerry id 6376

Gerhard Winter

Ph. 0418907140

Reckon Store Next Door

"Always at your Service"