Unable to open Reckon Inventory

Just upgraded to reckon Personal 2022. It reports the Inventory is not installed. I have reinstalled both programs but problem persists. Have tried solutions to problems relating to earlier versions of the software but still unable to open Inventory.

Answers

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager

What is the specific error message you are receiving on-screen. Can you post a screenshot here please.

What troubleshooting measures have you attempted so far specifically?

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Bazza
    Bazza Member Posts: 18
    edited October 2021

Screenshot

I have re-installed Inventory. Set up compatibility for Windows 10. Clicked icon before trying to open with Reckon Persomal Plus. Error as above still presents itself an I cannot open Inventory.

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager

I have re-installed Inventory.

What steps did you undertake to install Home Inventory? Did you install it through the Home Inventory Manager .msi in the install folder?

Can you please follow the info/steps in this help guide and confirm if you're able to install Home Inventory Manager successfully after this -

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Bazza

I have followed instructions but same problem persists. Reckon Personal reports Inventory not installed. Inventory installs correctly and the error messages you referred to (QHIM.exe stopped working) does not appear.

• Rav

Thanks for trying. The next suggestion I'd recommend in this case would be to perform a clean uninstall & reinstall of the software which is outlined the guide below -

• Bazza

Just completed re installation as directed in your reply. Reckon Personal still reports Inventory not installed. Reinstall it. Incidentally, I have downloaded installation from Reckon web site. It is not on a disk.

• Bazza

I have tried a clean installation a second time. However Reckon Personal cannot open Inventory. Version 2021 worked fine.

Can I reinstall the earlier version ? However I did not keep the key as I thought the upgrade would not be a problem. Problem with Inventory was discovered much later.

Your Technical support section was of little help in solving problem with 2022 version.

Perhaps a solution for the future would be for the inventory to be run as a separate program.

• Rav
    edited November 2021

Did you use a 3rd party uninstaller to remove ALL components of the install OR did you just use the in-built Windows uninstaller via Control Panel?

Just to clarify your earlier attempt from one of my previous replies. Did you attempt the install of RHIM from the folder specified below? (your install location may vary depending if you've opted to change the location of the install).

• Bazza

I used Revo Uninstaller to remove both programs. Inventory was in stalled from the directory yuou indicated

• GerryWinter
    GerryWinter Accredited Partner Posts: 1,204 Personal Range Expert Personal Range Expert

I have just installed it on my machine call and i will work thru it with you

Gerry id 6376

Gerhard Winter

Ph. 0418907140

Reckon Store Next Door

"Always at your Service"

Email: gwinter0808@gmail.com

• montyjk1
    montyjk1 Member Posts: 4

Was this home inventory issue resolved . I am having the same issues as Bazza.

• Bazza

No situation has not been resolved. The problem is made worse as you cannot contact Reckon directly. They rely on an off shore help desk which can only resolve simple matters. Reckon relies on the Reckon Community to solve serious problems. This is simply purchasers of Reckon trying to solve problems with the software.

I have sent a letter to the North Sydney office detailing these problems on 10th November. No reply to date.

This web site shows the issue with the Inventory has been evident for years.

• montyjk1

Bazza, thanks for the prompt response.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled Reckon Personal plus on two occasion with no different result. I have installed the Home Inventory program from the relevant directory so that it appears as a shortcut on my Desktop

I can start the execution of the Home Inventory program from this shortcut It starts to load( ie a red square appears announcing Home Inventory ) and then it flashes off and the program has disappeared ie no longer in my task manager.

Can someone from Reckon look into this please

• johnfw
    johnfw Member Posts: 4

I have exactly the same problem as montyjk1 having uninstalled & reinstalled Home Inventory several times - the last time installing from the temp folder on my hard drive as per instructions provided by Reckon.

Each time I try to load the program either from the desktop short cut or from the start button, I get the same red square announcing "Welcome to Reckon Home Inventory Manager" & then it disappears & nothing else happens.

With so many people reporting the same or similar problem, surely it is time that Reckon provided its customers with prompt advice to resolve the issue. After all it was due to them requiring users to uninstall 2021 that caused us all to have the problem with the reinstalled Home Inventory program.

• Bazza

The only solution may be to contact Consumer Affairs.

• Bazza

Just had a look at Quicken in the States. Various versions but non appear to have Inventory. However subscription mush cheaper than Reckon. If Reckon cannot fix Inventory Software might move to US version. Free 30 day trial available.

• johnfw

Finally resolved the problem - you MUST install the correct program.

Uninstall the current program then -

C: drive

Temp folder

Reckon_Accounts_Personal_2022

HAB

DISK1

Reckon Home Inventory Manager

Installer

Qhinstall.exe

Just did this & everything works fine.

• montyjk1

Johnfw

thanks for this I tried this again and realised my problem was that my old version of Reckon Home Inventory Manager had not been fully uninstalled as result it was causing conflict with my attempt to launch a new version of the Application,

I downloaded Revo uninstaller and used it to remove all some of the remnant parts of the old HIM Application. I then reinstalled the HIM application as set out by johnfw and it worked . Only problem I have now is that Reckon Accounts 2022 will not recognise HIM and likewise HIM will not accept that Accounts has been installed . However, I can live with this. At least I have both applications up and running.

Thanks for everyone input. Hope this helps you resolve your problem Bazza

• johnfw

montyjk1

If you open H I M then click on Reckon Accounts (top LH corner with green arrow) you should then be able to access HIM from Reckon Accounts

• montyjk1

Thanks for the help. that works for me.

• Bazza

Thank you all for your input. I have tried every suggestion but Inventory refuses to run. I have had to install Version 2021 on a second computer and that runs both the Reckon program and the inventory. As mentioned it appears some residual software is preventing the new installation. I use ZoneAlarm Internet Security and if you need to install a new version they have a program to remove all evidence of the older version. Obviously Reckon need to develope a program to remove their earlier versions.

• johnfw

I just use Windows Add & Remove programs for all uninstalls.

• GerryWinter
    GerryWinter Accredited Partner Posts: 1,204 Personal Range Expert Personal Range Expert

It doesn't Go deep enough

Gerry id 6376

Gerhard Winter

Ph. 0418907140

Reckon Store Next Door

"Always at your Service"

Email: gwinter0808@gmail.com