Reckon Installation Switcher

Options
Mal_F
Mal_F Member Posts: 4

I currently have Reckon Accounts Personal Plus 2021 installed and want to update to Reckon Accounts Personal Plus 2022. I have downloaded the 2022 version to my computer but cannot find Reckon Installation Switcher which I apparently need to do the update.

The email I got from Reckon tells me that the download is available from the members site but only the Personal Plus 2022 download is there.

So where can I find the download?

Thanks,

Mal_F

Answers

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,415 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited October 2021
    Options

HI @Mal_F

If you're using Personal Plus 2021 currently looking to upgrade to the new 2022 edition you won't need any additional software. Can you shoot me the a screenshot where it states that you need the installation switcher for the upgrade itself?

The purpose of the installation switcher is so that you can have multiple versions of the software installed on your PC.

The info on the email that went out is to advise the 2022 software itself is available in the Members Site.

The installation switcher if you want/need it is also available in the Members Site though under 'Plugins & Drivers'.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Mal_F
    Options

Thanks Rav.

I find these updates rather daunting. When I downloaded 2022 to my computer and went to install, this is the message I got:-

1) ---------------------------

Reckon Accounts 2022 Installation

---------------------------

You still have previous versions of Reckon Accounts installed. The installation process will now close. Please un-install these previous versions of Reckon Accounts before continuing with this installation.

OK

I then went to the Reckon Installation Switcher Guide

2) Reckon Installation Switcher Guide

PRINT OR SAVE THIS ARTICLE AS PDFReckon Installation Switcher Information

Please DO NOT install Reckon Personal on a computer that already has earlier releases of Reckon Accounts Personal products installed without the use of Reckon Installation Switcher.

So that is why I am here.

Since I wrote my initial message, I have found my notes from last year and I see I just did a backup copy of my Reckon File to a USB Stick, Uninstalled from Control panel and installed the new version and restored my backup copy from the USB Stick.

So I think you are telling me this is still the way to go?

Please confirm.

Thanks,

Mal

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,415 Community Manager Community Manager
    Options

Yes that's correct Mal.

Now that you've uninstalled the previous version you should be good to go with the new install of 2022.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Mal_F
    Options

Thanks for that Rav.

One further point:-

My renewal of RA Personal Plus is due 14 November 2021. Should I renew and activate the renewal before or after downloading the new 2022 software.