my gov connect

Fay
Fay Member Posts: 27

Good morning,

I have been trying to add my premier 2021 to my gov connect but when it gets to the abn and name it doesn't find reckon

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks Fay

Comments

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager

Hi Fay,

Can you step me through the process you're going through in GovConnect.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Fay

Hi Rav,

I am following the FAQ- reckon gov connect.

I am up to the 4th item after Notify the ato of your hosted service.

It then says to enter the abn and Reckon will appear but this doesn't happen to me.

Thanks Fay

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager

Hmmm that's strange. Is anything appearing at all after you enter our ABN?

Can you try doing this in a different internet browser and confirming if you're able to perform the lookup correctly in that?

Alternatively, you can call the ATO on 1300 852 232 to register the Software ID

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Fay

Sorry I don't have another internet browser. Rang the Tax Office on the number you gave me but they couldn't register me without a software ID.

The trouble is my old STP with reckon shows up a software ID which is no good apparently and I couldn't find anything for the 2021 payroll premier ID.

thanks Fay

• Rav

The trouble is my old STP with reckon shows up a software ID which is no good apparently and I couldn't find anything for the 2021 payroll premier ID.

Hi Fay

Can you give me a bit more info on the above. Do you have an existing GovConnect in your account and are you trying to create a new one for a different ABN OR just add a product selection into the already existing GovConnect?

• Fay

Hi Rav,

I have an existing STP account with Reckon just the $10 per month one.

Since then I purchased 2021 Payroll premier and am trying to connect this with my Gov Connect using the same ABN.

I guess I am trying to add a product selection in the existing Gov Connect.

Thanks Fay

• Rav

Right ok thanks, that makes more sense.

In this case if you login to the Reckon Portal here https://portal.reckon.com/ using the same login credentials that you have for your existing account then access GovConnect you should see your existing STP entity in here.

You can then add Payroll Premier as an additional product selection and start submitting through here. I'll add a quick screen recording below to illustrate what I mean.

You also won't need to register the Software ID again with the ATO provided that you did it successfully when you were using the Payroll App previously.

Was there any particular reason you made the switch from the Payroll App to the Payroll Premier product?

• Fay

Hi Rav,

I obviously am totally stupid as I can't get this to work.

I went to the portal added on payroll premier then saved settings.

I then tried to upload data. I saved the pay period as a excel on my desktop but when I went to upload this it just opened the file and when I went to confirm (i think) it just went back to where I saved it and did not send it.

This is driving me mad and there is probably some simple explanation for it.

Cheers Fay

• Rav

Don't worry Fay, we'll get there just takes some time to learn the process.

Ok the first thing I'd suggest is, when you create the STP pay run file in Payroll Premier, do NOT make any changes to it eg. open it in Excel or any other program. It needs to be in the same .json file format that it was exported from Payroll Premier.

Then, ensure you select the Payroll Premier product in GovConnect ➡️ select Upload ➡️ select the upload type you're doing ➡️ find your .json STP file that you created in Payroll Premier ➡️ confirm your upload ➡️ Follow the prompts to submit to the ATO.

I'm going to add a screenshot below which outlines the majority of what I've described above with the exception of the last step of submitting.

I'm also going to add some help resources below, which although are a bit older now, take you through a step by step guide on the process of creating an STP file in Payroll Premier and then uploading in GovConnect.

HELP GUIDE - Creating STP file in Payroll Premier

HELP GUIDE - Uploading to GovConnect

• Fay

Hi Rav,

You have been very patient.

Can you please tell me the steps one at a time to save this payroll and transfer it as .j file.

I have been going to employee centre, payroll transactions then trying to export this as .cv file

Even though it says it is going to it comes in an excel telling me to save it to a full excel file.

Probably I am starting at the wrong place to export. I really don't have a clue anymore.

The other problem I have is every time I try to print or save files it goes through a process of telling me the file is already open (how I will never know and after about 6 attempts it lets me do something. Wierd.

Thanks Fay

• Fay

Hi Rav,

I have worked out where I went wrong- about time.

Anyway saved the STP file in the correct format.

Unfortunately my program data wasn't turned on so had to search for that to find RECKON and the STP.

I went through the process from the portal and uploaded this, but couldn't see any information appear.

Finally getting close.

Thanks Fay

• Rav

Hi Fay, glad we're getting closer.

I went through the process from the portal and uploaded this, but couldn't see any information appear.

Just in regard to the above, did you select the 'Payroll Premier' option in your STP entity before pressing the 'Upload' button?

You'll need to make sure you do that first and its simply just a matter of clicking the Payroll Premier tile in GovConnect first. You'll know if Payroll Premier is selected if you see a little triangle symbol underneath that particular product.

I'll add a screenshot below where you'll see I have multiple products in my STP entity but I've selected the Payroll Premier option to upload my .json file to denoted by the little triangle.

If you're already doing that and the issue seems to be something else please let me know. If you can take a screenshot or two that might also help as well.

Cheers

• Fay

Hi Rav,

Nothing happens when I click on Payroll Premier to upload data. I have the triangle, hit upload which takes me to the STP in correct version, then nothing happens. When I click the single touch payroll I can see information.

I checked and Payroll Premier is added and save.

Thank you Fay

• Rav
    edited November 2021

Hmmm ok, that sounds odd. After pressing upload it should ask you which type of submission you'd like to do and after selecting that it should open an options box for you to select your file then populate that information in GovConnect.

At this point it sounds like it might be a good idea for you to give our tech support team a call (1300 137 657) and we'll get a technician to take a look at why that's not happening for you. It sounds like something is breaking down in the process unfortunately.

• Fay

Thanks Rav

I will give the tech team a ring. it did go through all the processes of adding the correct file but nothing happened after that.

Thanks Fay

• Rav

Was just thinking about this and another thing that occurred to me was whether or not you have the appropriate GST branch number listed in your Payroll Premier software AND that it matches the GST branch number that is listed on your STP entity in GovConnect? (screenshot below).

• Fay

Hi Rav,

I rang tech support and the problem was i had Payroll Premier and he said i needed Reckon desktop.

I have no idea about the GST entity but I have sent this off to the ATO. Hopefully it doesn't come back.

Thanks fay