Exporting to Excel won't work

Hi

We Installed Reckon Accounts on a different PC (Windows 10)and now I am unable to export to excel

This PC (Windows 10) uses Microsoft Office 365 Business and is a click to run version

Reckon is also loaded on other PC's/laptops and exporting to excel works fine.

It uses Microsoft 365 Apps for Business and is also a click to run version

I found this article Export to Excel option is greyed out - Reckon Help and Support Centre which i have shown to our IT Dept and they are unable to get this exporting to work -

This also stated that click to run versions do not support integration with Accounts business - yet it works on our other PC's?

What do I need to do to enable exporting to excel

Answers

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager

Hi Janine,

At the risk of sounding a bit clueless, can you let me know what you mean by a 'click to run' version of Office? Do you mean its a cloud based version? ie. they are not locally installed on your PC?

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Janine Dickson
    Janine Dickson Member Posts: 33 ✭✭

HI Rav

I don't know much and only learnt that there is a click to run version today also - it is referenced in the article in the link at point 3 of the solution

Office and reckon products are both installed directly on the PC and laptop respectively - not cloud versions

Here is a couple of screen shots from our two versions - in the about excel bit it says they are click to run -

• GerryWinter
    GerryWinter Accredited Partner Posts: 1,204 Personal Range Expert Personal Range Expert

It looks like they want you to run the help about the products which is nothing to do with using your programs directly on your machine.

I you wish i can take a look.

Gerry id 6376

Gerhard Winter

Ph. 0418907140

Reckon Store Next Door

"Always at your Service"

Email: gwinter0808@gmail.com

• Janine Dickson
    Janine Dickson Member Posts: 33 ✭✭

Hi All

We have resolved our issue - our IT had another look and after realising we have click to run excel that works on one laptop and not the other they did a repair of office on the offending PC and now I can export to excel again.