Can you help with a Payroll app problem?

Options
Boyd
Boyd Member Posts: 3
edited January 3 in Reckon Payroll 🚀

I've recently started using the Payroll app again after a break of several months when we were not employing. I downloaded the latest app and have made two entries successfully but have a problem with the third entry.

I thought I entered all the correct info, but it's showing as a "Draft" with no amounts in the fields. How do I rectify this?

Best Answer

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,391 Community Manager Community Manager
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi Boyd,

I'll do my best to answer your questions below -

I noticed that there is mention of three free entries on this app. I thought it was a free app. Is this correct? If not, what is the cost after the three entries are used?

The Payroll App has two plan options; Premium & Free Basic. When you start off you'll be on a trial of the premium plan which gives you the full functionality of the premium plan to try out for 3 pay runs eg. the web access version of the Payroll App, reports, live chat support etc.

Once you've finished the trial you can either subscribe to the Premium plan which is $9.99/month or switch to free basic. To switch plans tap on the 'Upgrade' option in the bottom right and select the option to change your plan.

My single employee is an unusual situation. We pay a flat salary, not based on an hourly rate. How do I make this entry?

The Payroll App does not support just entering in a balance like the former STP app did. The main reason for that is because that method will no longer be compliant with STP Phase 2 coming into effect next year. A pay run in the Payroll App will require a rate and hours that make up that particular pay run. There are a few posts on the Community in relation to this aspect along with how fellow users have tackled it so I'd definitely recommend taking a look there as well.

Because we are a Church, up to 75% of the salary is able to be paid Fringe Benefit Exempt. This means the "salary" component is quite low.

Because of #3, our superannuation is calculated separately and exceeds the required 10%. How do I enter a specific amount rather than a percentage?

With the above do you mean the gross pay does not exceed the minimum threshold for super? Currently the Payroll App will only calculate super when the (current) $450 monthly threshold has been met. The ability to pay super regardless of the level of gross pay is coming to the Payroll App in the new year.

Hopefully that helps but if you have any more questions let me know

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

Answers

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,391 Community Manager Community Manager
    Options

Hi Boyd,

After selecting the employees to include in the pay run you'll need to designate the pay details for each one. You can enter these in by tapping on the 'Edit' button against an employee in the pay run which will allow you to enter their pay info.

I'll link a short how-to video below which will give you an overview on how to create a pay run in the Payroll App -

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Boyd
    Options

Thank You Rav. That was helpful but I still have a couple of queries.

1. I noticed that there is mention of three free entries on this app. I thought it was a free app. Is this correct? If not, what is the cost after the three entries are used?
    2. My single employee is an unusual situation. We pay a flat salary, not based on an hourly rate. How do I make this entry?
    3. Because we are a Church, up to 75% of the salary is able to be paid Fringe Benefit Exempt. This means the "salary" component is quite low.
    4. Because of #3, our superannuation is calculated separately and exceeds the required 10%. How do I enter a specific amount rather than a percentage?
    5. I realise I have asked a lot of questions, I hope you can help me again.
  • Boyd
    Options

Thank you Rav for your response to my several questions. I'll review the various responses and see if it solves my problem going forward.

I may need to talk to you again.

Boyd.