Changing to new entity (Trading name, ABN but using existing email address

Options
whymoul2
whymoul2 Member Posts: 3 ✭

We have changed trading details (new trading name, ABN) and I wish to update Reckon to reflect this for the next quarters reporting but need to use the existing email address. How do I go about this?

Comments

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,416 Community Manager Community Manager
    Options

Hi @whymoul2

Can I just confirm that you have a Payroll App account that you're asking about or is this in relation to some other Reckon service?

If its for the Payroll App AND you're using the free basic plan, then you'll first need to change the email address for the existing account to something else so that it frees up the existing original email address.

• To do that, head over to https://portal.reckon.com/ and sign in with your existing Payroll App login details.
    • Click on the 'Profile' icon in the top right corner
    • Edit your email address and any other details you wish to and click SAVE.
    • Once that is done, login to the Payroll App with the new email address just to test it out.
    • You can then use the original email address to create a brand new account for your new ABN.

ℹī¸ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• whymoul2
    Options

With it being for payroll when I create the new entity, ABN etc is the branch number still 001? When it then comes to the EOY financial payroll details will these automatically go through to the ATO from both entities?

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,416 Community Manager Community Manager
    Options

With it being for payroll when I create the new entity, ABN etc is the branch number still 001?

Unfortunately that's not something I can tell or advise you on. You'll either have a specific GST branch number set for your ABN but if not then it'll just be 001 as default. I'd recommend that you confirm this with the ATO though.

When it then comes to the EOY financial payroll details will these automatically go through to the ATO from both entities?

You'll need to process the EOFY submission for both entities when you're required to do so. You'll still have access to the old account provided that you retain the login credentials.

ℹī¸ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• whymoul2
    Options

Thanks very much Rav that has been a great help. I should be all sorted to create the new entity with the email I need.