Open tabs in a new window.

smc999
smc999 Member Posts: 2

Is it possible to setup reckon one to open tabs in new windows by default so I don't have to reset them each time I open a new tab?

Also - is there a setting to default decimals to 2 places. e.g. Enter $2000 and defaults to $20.00

Comments

• Kris_Williams
    Kris_Williams Member Posts: 3,272 Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert

If you enter 20 you will get 20, you don’t have to type the cents if they’re zero. As for a default decimal I’m not aware of it

what exactly do you mean by new tabs?

• smc999
    smc999 Member Posts: 2

Ok. try $2065. Means you have another annoying keystroke for the decimal to make $20.65.

If you are working in one window and open another tab, you need it to open in a new window if you are working with say a bank account or some other software and wish to swap screens on keyboard using alt tab. Much quicker.

After 20 yrs on Quickbooks where these things were normal default, Reckon one should be called slow books.🤣

• Kris_Williams
    Kris_Williams Member Posts: 3,272 Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert
    edited December 2021

Go to View open window list and all your open tabs will appear down the left hand side

Aah just had a look, go to Edit - Preferences - General and select automatically place decimal point. Preferences is always a good place to search for settings

Sorry ignore all of that I just realised you are using Reckon One not Reckon Hosted. Quite different to what you’ve been using for 20 years

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager

Is it possible to setup reckon one to open tabs in new windows by default so I don't have to reset them each time I open a new tab?

Reckon One will open the last screen that you were working on each time you login so can essentially pickup where you left off. If you want to open a link in a new window rather than a tab within the same window then hold down SHIFT and then click the link.

Reckon One isn't Quickbooks or Reckon Accounts and they shouldn't be compared as they're not playing in the same circles on a technology or functionality point of view.

There isn't the ability to input values in the manner in which you've outlined into Reckon One. I'd be interested to hear if other users would find value in this sort of functionality. I can potentially see some data accuracy issues cropping up from it for those who aren't paying attention when inputting figures.

If you'd like to raise it as a feature request I'd recommend that you add it as idea on https://ideas.reckon.com/

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.