Reinstall issues

I have Personal Plus 2015 and yesterday needed to do a complete Windows reset which removed the program. I have reinstalled up to where I have keyed in the installation key and now I get a message saying the program cannot be installed on more than one computer and I need to pay for another license etc. This cannot be correct surely. I have not installed the program on another computer, I am simply trying to re-install the program on the original computer. What can be done about this please?

Comments

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,380 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited December 2021

Hi @m3993003

Did you uninstall the software prior to your Windows reset or just removed it via the reset?

The software is a single user licence so I think in this instance you'll need to have a chat with our Customer Service team on 1800 732 566 to potentially release the previous install licence so you can install it again.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• m3993003
    m3993003 Member Posts: 3

thanks Rav, yes I did actually uninstall Reckon before the Windows 10 reset. Actually Windows would not open Reckon, along with other programs, and this the main reason for the reset, although the computer has had problems for a while. I called 1800 732 566, option 1, and was told, by a not overly helpful person, to come here to this community site for help.

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,380 Community Manager Community Manager

Hmmm ok. Can you shoot me your Customer ID in a Private Message, I can't guarantee anything but I'll see what I can do

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• GerryWinter
    GerryWinter Accredited Partner Posts: 1,223 Personal Range Expert Personal Range Expert

Let me try and sort this for you as well, send me you Id as well.

Gerry id 6376

Gerhard Winter

Ph. 0418907140

Reckon Store Next Door

"Always at your Service"

Email: gwinter0808@gmail.com

• ewright
    ewright Member Posts: 4

I have the same problem and I cannot get any help. They have directed me to this forum. I have Reckon Home and Business 2016 and need to access it on a new hard drive, same computer.

• m3993003
    m3993003 Member Posts: 3

Nothing ever came of it. No help, no action, nothing. Extraordinary, will not let me re-install 7 year old software. Says a lot about the sort of organisation Reckon is.

• Rav

@m3993003 that's incorrect.

I organised assistance for your issue via Private Message here on the Community which you'll find in the inbox. The last message I sent you was on December 2 around reinstallation however did not hear back from you. If you're still experiencing issues flick a reply to the existing PM conversation.

@ewright I've responded to the new post you created.