Super Salary Sacrifice

Can anyone help me set up an Employee Salary Sacrifice to Super?

Comments

• Kris_Williams
    Kris_Williams Member Posts: 3,272 Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert

Go to Employee tab - manage payroll item. - new payroll item. Type super contribution- name it Salary Sacrifice - select salary sacrifice from dropdown list, continue from there

• Lesliekt2
    Lesliekt2 Member Posts: 2

Hi Kris,

I have done this, but it's taking additional tax from this employee's Super contribution and according to the ATO this should be tax free.

Please help me, thank you

~Leslie

• Kris_Williams
    Kris_Williams Member Posts: 3,272 Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert

When you go through the tabs on the salary sacrifice pay item is none selected in the tax tracking type, and PAYG Unticked in the taxes tab?

• Lesliekt2
    Lesliekt2 Member Posts: 2

Thank you, Kris

I have managed to get the tax part correct, but now I get a pop-up that says: you are adding a super payroll item that is not in the employee super list. Items not in the employee super list may cause issues with the Super Data export.

• Kris_Williams

Not sure why this would be happening, as all you did was change an existing payroll item, I would assume it was already setup in the employees details. You can call me tomorrow if you wish and I’ll see if I can help you out. 0415 940 843