Comments please on 64 bit RAP 2022 and Windows 11

Please provide comments on two items:

1. when will there be a 64 bit version of Reckon Accounts Personal
  2. are there any performance problems associated with RAP 2022 using Windows 11

Answers

• GerryWinter
    GerryWinter Accredited Partner Posts: 1,204 Personal Range Expert Personal Range Expert

There wont be any changes happening in the near future as far as i know.

Gerry id 6376

Gerhard Winter

Ph. 0418907140

Reckon Store Next Door

"Always at your Service"

Email: gwinter0808@gmail.com

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager

Hi Margaret

There are no plans for a 64bit version of the Reckon Personal software range in its current form. The (much) longer term plan is to incorporate the unique features of the Personal Range into our existing cloud service, Reckon One. Doing so will also open it to new workflows and functionality such as cloud access, bank feeds and more.

There is a LOT to scope with this project, and from what I understand there are a multitude of considerations and moving parts to it as well. This doesn't just include the feature/functionality set but also data migration, interoperability, time/budget/resource considerations, what it will look like, work, the user experience/journey etc etc.

It is something that is on the radar in a longer term capacity but to be transparent is not something that will happen in the next 2-3 years from my estimation.

In regard to Windows 11 none of our current desktop-based products have been tested with Windows 11 at this stage as official builds were not available until after our software entered its release cycle and more importantly the testing period. It will most likely work with Windows 11 but we cannot guarantee anything as it hasn't been tested. The next edition of the Personal Range will tested on the new Windows 11 OS.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• CRG
    CRG Member Posts: 2

hi I am currently using Reckon Accounts Premier 2021 on Windows 10 and have no problems .

But I have recently updated my Laptop to a new Hp i7 with 16gb Ram running Windows 11 and I cant even Install

Accounts Premier 2021 on New Laptop. Before Installing it I keep getting Error 1920 service Failed to Start. I have tried everything but it wont install. Is this because it not designed to run on windows 11 yet?

• Margaret_7639559
    Margaret_7639559 Member Posts: 5 ✭✭

Hi CRG,

Referring to RAV's comment above in this thread, it would seem that, as usual, Reckon is leaving software development to users. Accordingly, it is not surprising that you are having problems on a device using Windows 11.

Such concerns were the very reason that I asked the 2 questions above regarding Windows 11 and 64 bit versions of Reckon programs.

• GerryWinter
    GerryWinter Accredited Partner Posts: 1,204 Personal Range Expert Personal Range Expert

As it is a new W11 machine you just need to adjust some setting in windows

Gerry id 6376

Gerhard Winter

Ph. 0418907140

Reckon Store Next Door

"Always at your Service"

Email: gwinter0808@gmail.com

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• CRG
    CRG Member Posts: 2

Thanks Rav. I did exactly what was done in the guide you posted and its all working now.

It was just a matter of changing a few things in windows like the Gerry Said also.

Thanks

• Rav

Great to hear, thanks for letting us know.

Cheers