Share prices not updating

Hoping this is an easy fix, thanks!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Reckon Accounts Personal

I've just realised that share prices haven't been updating.

https://www.reckon.com/au/wp-content/uploads/gravity_forms/8-5f2bfd5e183693e217b2502575a94cc4/2022/01/Screen-Shot-2022-01-12-at-3.20.43-pm.png

Comments

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager

I've just opened my installed copy of Personal Plus 2021 and ran an update to test this out.

In my case the share price update worked as normal (see example screenshot below). I note that in your screenshot it shows that none of the shares were recognised as per the message. I'm assuming that you have stocks present in your list for it to attempt updating correct? When was the last time you were able to successfully update your share prices? I'm guessing it wouldn't have been 5 Jan 2019 as in the message right?

Which version of Personal software are you running?

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Eric Murphy
    Eric Murphy Member Posts: 214 ✭✭✭

FWIW mine has also updated normally this morning

• owen
    owen Member Posts: 8

Thx guys - 5 Jan 2019 was the last successful update, I'm running Personal Plus 2022 on my macbook pro via parallels and windows 10.

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager

Hi Owen,

Can you do me a favour and open the sample file and enter in a few stocks then run an update. I just want to isolate whether the issue is specific to your file or something else.

Also, its ALL of your shares that are not updating correct?

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• owen

Hi Rav, I can't find the sample file sorry. And yes, it's all shares not updating.

• Rav

You'll find the Sample File in the file menu, check out my screenshot below -

• owen

Thanks again Rav - weird though - my menu is missing that option...

• GerryWinter
    GerryWinter Accredited Partner Posts: 1,204 Personal Range Expert Personal Range Expert

I think you should call me and we can work thru it together.

Gerry id 6376

Gerhard Winter

Ph. 0418907140

Reckon Store Next Door

"Always at your Service"

Email: gwinter0808@gmail.com

• GerryWinter
    GerryWinter Accredited Partner Posts: 1,204 Personal Range Expert Personal Range Expert

Now see you are using and Apple machine.

Gerry id 6376

Gerhard Winter

Ph. 0418907140

Reckon Store Next Door

"Always at your Service"

• owen

Hi Gerry, thanks for the offer. When's a good time?

• GerryWinter

Now is a good time on 0418907140

Gerry id 6376

Gerhard Winter

Ph. 0418907140

Reckon Store Next Door

"Always at your Service"

• owen

Hi Gerry. I'm just back home now - 0418354197 is my number. Either this evening or tomorrow suits me if it suits you.

• GerryWinter

Just on my way out will be back in about 3 hrs and will call you then.

Gerry

Gerry id 6376

Gerhard Winter

Ph. 0418907140

Reckon Store Next Door

"Always at your Service"

• owen

No worries, thanks...

• owen

Thanks Rav and Gerry for your replies, and particularly Gerry for walking me through the solution. Unmarking all the stocks then re-selecting them a few at a time did the trick.